Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 Cruze 1.4 LT RS and I haven't done too much research but I'm diggin what I've seen so far on the OBD2!! Looking to get pointed in the right direction on an OBD that'll work like a charm with iPhone...I heard alittle bit bout them for android but not too much for our Apple fans! Is there a reason for that?!

·
Premium Member
7,792 Posts
You'll need two things: A device to plug into the OBD2 port that will connect to your phone, and a app to run.

From what I've read, you'll have to get a WiFi device. Apparently, the Bluetooth on the Apple causes problems.

·
Administrator
25,090 Posts
You'll need a WiFi or wired ODBII reader. Apple didn't implement Bluetooth completely so you can't just add Bluetooth applications to the iPhone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
just get a wired OBD2 scanner works just as good and you won't have any phone connectivity problems. EX: https://www.amazon.com/Oxgord-Scanner-Engine-Diagnostics-Direct/dp/B011Q18D14/ref=lp_15707381_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1470058355&sr=1-3

There are many available, I currently own this one and it works great, it tells you everything you need to know. It could also erase check engine lights. What more could you want out of a OBD2 scanner and it doesnt even cost 20$ :) .

It's a great tool to have on hand, whenever you get a light just pop the scanner in and you get answer. No more spending 79.99 plus tax (in my area) at a dealership to get the same asnwer as you're scanner. Worthed every penny :giggle:

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
just get a wired OBD2 scanner works just as good and you won't have any phone connectivity problems.
You can't use a cheap OBD2 scanner to see live ECU data though, something like the Scanguage or ultraguage would be more comparable to and app and bluetooth dongle.

EDIT: I notice that Untraguage now has an app and dongle that claims to work with apple devices, the OP could also look into that.

·
Registered
533 Posts
A wifi dongle and the app "EngineLink" is what I use. If you're looking for fast refresh important live data though, you'll want to look at a scan gauge or something. The refresh rate is about 5 seconds on the iPhone

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts