Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

I Need Help!

721 1
This might be a little long, so I'm sorry, but try and bare with me. When I first bought my 2012 Cruze it had a factory touch screen MyLink radio. Not knowing anything about the car I thought it was from the factory. The 2nd or 3rd day of having the car took it to Cartoys to have my component speakers, sub and amp installed. When they removed the radio, the wiring behind it was a mess. There were bare wires and wires were connected with electrical tape. That was when I found out that the previous owner had taken the MyLink form another Chevy and installed it himself. It was the worst job done that they had ever seen.So I took it back to the dealer to show them that this was not what I thought I had purchased. They were really helpful and replaced the whole radio wiring harness, installed the Unavi System, installed the fog light wiring and switch (he had put fog lights in, but never wired them or changed the switch on the dash), and replaced the rear door speaker (which Cartoys found to be not working). All told of was without my car for the first 3 weeks of ownership.

Fast forward. I have had multiple issues with the Unavi system. One time they had to replace the trip module, I've also gotten the Windows CE screen pop up on the radio. Here lately the front speakers go in and out frequently. Then a couple weeks ago the radio would cycle itself off. I took it to the dealer finally because one day the radio cycled itself off like 7 times in a row, and the dash warning lights would come on and the Check Stabilitrak warning would come on. Of course they could not find anything. The only codes it showed were something to do with low voltage.

On the drive home yesterday, the radio and dash did there whole christmas light display at least 15 times in the span of 2-3 minutes. I'm getting really tired of all these issues and no one being able to figure out what is wrong. Do any of you have any idea what could be happening and what can be done. It has to be some kind of electrical issue somewhere. Or at least that's my thought.

Thanks in advance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.