Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 13 cruze, fun little car to drive, but i notice on the right side of the engine, what i think is the gear box or something im not too in tune with engines, something is leaking, looks like all wet, i post some pictures so you guys can help me what it is before i take it to the dealer, only has 34,000 seems odd, dont smell like fuel and im thinking might be oil, but not sure... Auto part Vehicle Car Engine Subcompact car Auto part Machine Metal Auto part Vehicle Car Engine Subcompact car Auto part Machine Metal

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you have a automatic that looks like the leak I had. Its a transmission leak around the torque converter seal. Take it in they will be able to fix it. May have to give them the car for a couple of days because they have to drop the transmission to fix it.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
That's quite a leak. Can't really tell from the pictures - and I'm sure you can't either. Might have to clean the whole thing down at a carwash and re-evaluate the oil leak.

If you're curious - wipe the underside of the throttle body air hose with a towel - is this where it's coming from? Or is it coming from more near the head?

Then again, you're still well within the warranty period and whatever's leaking to that amount should be covered.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Look like a seal like posted above but there is so much that I can't tell where it would even start from. Try what J said and take it through a wash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already did the car wash two days ago and this pictures are from this morning, i dont have any check engine lights and the oil leves seems to be ok, coolant is a bit low but the delear fill it last oil change, due to some air the system. Or so so they said. Ill bring it in.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Tried to respond and post a photo, board said my photo was 50K over the limit,and did compress it to 52K and was a jpg file. My post was deleted, so screw it.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Still haven't been able to post photos off my computer, must be banned from this.

First observation is the servere corrosion on your shift linkage. How does your vehicle shift? Mine with also 34K miles on it looks new yet. Feel it was worth the battle to keep my under engine shield and really drive on salted roads.

Can only be brake, coolant, transmission, or engine oil. When you been around for a couple of years, can tell the difference. But not easy to explain.

One reason why I do my own fluid fills, use a newfangled device called a funnel some of these new kids never heard of, and spill fluids all over the place. Gave me a clean up job after fooling around with my brakes, can't even hit the hole with brake fluid, let alone engine oil. This could well be your problem.

When i first picked up my new Cruze, a real PITA salesman was bugging the hail out of me. My interest was checking all the obvious fluids then making sure I received what I ordered and paid for. Bugging me for my credit card for XM and OnStar, just replied, I never ordered these features, don't know anything about them, let me look into it first.

Then bugging me about extra protection for the interior, exterior, and extended warranties on the rest of the vehicle. Just told him, if I need all the $$$$$ extra stuff, leaving the darn thing here.

But the coolant reservoir was full, but wasn't three days later, typical of these radiator capless vehicles, have to drive them for awhile. Was three days later I topped it off, hasn't use a drop since. But about three years later, received a letter from GM last month, I should take it into my dealer to have the coolant level checked. Three years later? Was somebody asleep?

That aluminum oxide you see retains fluid, can be cleaned off with steel wool and a ton of elbow grease. Also a sign of cheap grade aluminum alloy, but won't see this on a throwaway aluminum can, FDA won't permit this. Ha, maybe instead of the DOT and EPA getting involved with automotive, should be the FDA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.