Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing my oil change yesterday and 21K miles i noticed what looked like some discoloration and fluid around where my rear main seal is. Any one noticed this and is it something to be very worried about. I can do pretty basic maintenance but by no means im I an expert. I did attach a photo (atleast i think...lol)

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like it is weeping I don't know if they are castes like that but it does look like it's been damage at some point gone up a Kerb or somthing ?
I have not....not sure if my wife has or not. If she does she has learned not to tell me..lol.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Find anything leaking from up top?

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looked around really good up top after i bought it down off the lift...did see anything at all. I noticed this time i was half a qt low (which is isnt that bad) but it was the first time its ever been low. I figure i will keep an eye out and see about getting it looked at. Dont quote me but im pretty sure its the gear box

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Reason I asked is because I recently found oil leaking down from intake tube at the throttle body. Oil ran down the area between the engine and trans. I havent been underneath but would assume would look like yours from below.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Right , get it checked pal you can Cheak your engine oil with dipstick but no way to Cheak your gearbox oil if it is low but it dosent look bad but what do I no I can olny see a picture let me no what happens with this very strange shouldn't be leaking already your car has low millage

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reason I asked is because I recently found oil leaking down from intake tube at the throttle body. Oil ran down the area between the engine and trans. I havent been underneath but would assume would look like yours from below.
Thanks for that i will give that area a good hard look. I like to go into the Stealership already having the problem pin pointed. Did you ever fix your oil leak

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right , get it checked pal you can Cheak your engine oil with dipstick but no way to Cheak your gearbox oil if it is low but it dosent look bad but what do I no I can olny see a picture let me no what happens with this very strange shouldn't be leaking already your car has low millage
I will keep the forum posted if anything is discovered.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Actually no. I cleaned it up and am keeping an eye on it. Seems to be a PCV issue in the intake but I try to steer away from the stealrship.

Reactions: jmurf

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually no. I cleaned it up and am keeping an eye on it. Seems to be a PCV issue in the intake but I try to steer away from the stealrship.
Yea i will take it in because the stealership is less then a mile away from my house. I will let them tell me it is "Normal" or we could Duplicate the problem. Atleast i will have that if it ever becomes a serious problem

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
While you have your car there have them check for the axle shaft recall. Might as well know if you'll need to go back in for that. Dealerships have to order the parts for this recall.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
While you have your car there have them check for the axle shaft recall. Might as well know if you'll need to go back in for that. Dealerships have to order the parts for this recall.
Funny you mentioned the recall. I just got an email from Onstar stating i have a recall notice for my vehicle. Looks like they will be seeing a lot of me. Now if i can only walk through the show room with out buying the new Silverado or the Impala i will be ok...lol

·
Registered
481 Posts
Mine looks the same!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hey there jmurf,

We’re sorry to hear of this concern with your Cruze. I am not properly trained to offer technical advice, but I will be glad to take a further look into this concern for you.

I also understand that you plan on visiting the dealership for this. If you would like, we can reach out to the dealership on your behalf and work alongside them to try to find the best resolution for this concern. Please send us a private message referencing this thread if any further assistance is needed. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
335 Posts
That looks similar to what mine looked like, mine was a torque converter seal.

It was covered under warranty, 45,000 miles on the clock.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: jmurf

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
If you want advice from a guy that has been working on cars for 65 years now, let me know what it tastes like.

This area is exposed to the road surface and for all you know, hit an oily puddle. If no visible leaks from the top side, just clean it off and see if it comes back. After driving GM cars for some 30 odd years with that stupid rope seal, would always see this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts