Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New powerplant rejuvenates Chev Cruze | The Citizen

Sounds like the 1.4 has reached the country but is it a move to dump the engine?

No wonder there are some noise on the road with every one revving over 4000rpm to get a "gentle push from the turbo", pity they did not get the 1.6 which is more of a shove! :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
New powerplant rejuvenates Chev Cruze | The Citizen

Sounds like the 1.4 has reached the country but is it a move to dump the engine?

No wonder there are some noise on the road with every one revving over 4000rpm to get a "gentle push from the turbo", pity they did not get the 1.6 which is more of a shove! :)

I thought the most interesting part (aside from the obvious lack of technical knowledge) was the South African 1.4 turbo has start/stop tech on it.

I don't know that GM is going to "dump" the 1.4 turbo, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it left out of the 2nd gen Cruze in favor of a 1.5 or 1.6 turbo. Perhaps it'll be relegated to the Sonic, unless that one gets new engines as well.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Love it - assuming the HP numbers reflect the turbo. The reality is that the turbo is starting to spin up at 1500 RPM and is fully engaged by 2000 RPM (auto) or 2500 RPM (manual).

·
Premium Member
209 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts