Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

I received a service notice in the mail from my dealer

1473 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Patman
No problem, just a reminder note to have what they call Intermediate Service done. $15 off for this service I asked at what mileage they said 50000. I told them I have 15K on my car. They had listed BG Transmission service. I inquired as to what it was. They said flush and fill tranny. They said they were making people aware there is more to do than changing oil and rotating tires. Then I inquired as to price $150 that is how they can offer free tires! All the recommended service is terribly over priced. I mentioned that I was considering doing this myself, so I heard you need to bring it to us for warranty and service requirements. I was just thinking oh really. If there are no problems what is the difference. Just like changing the oil, brakes, and plugs yourself. This was definitely targeted at the people that put gas in their car and go and the mechanic takes care of that stuff. LOL
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
This sounds like they have no idea how many miles on your Cruze. I'm one of those people who always takes my car in for service, even oil changes. However, before I go in I have looked at the service schedule in my owners manual so I know what is required to keep my warranty intact. I have had service departments try to sell me more than what is needed and I don't let them do it. I also go over the service ticket with a fine tooth comb before leaving so I know exactly what was done. If there's something I don't understand I ask.

I know a lot of members here do their own oil changes but if a dealership can't do something as simple as an oil change correctly I won't take my car back there when it needs major service or repairs.

One of the questions I asked the service manager at Ed Bozarth Park Meadows when I bought my Cruze was if GM had changed anything from the owners manual. It does occasionally happen, but I have discovered that if you ask directly and not when you need service that you'll get the correct answer.

· Super Moderator
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This sounds like they have no idea how many miles on your Cruze. I'm one of those people who always takes my car in for service, even oil changes. However, before I go in I have looked at the service schedule in my owners manual so I know what is required to keep my warranty intact. I have had service departments try to sell me more than what is needed and I don't let them do it. I also go over the service ticket with a fine tooth comb before leaving so I know exactly what was done. If there's something I don't understand I ask.

I know a lot of members here do their own oil changes but if a dealership can't do something as simple as an oil change correctly I won't take my car back there when it needs major service or repairs.

One of the questions I asked the service manager at Ed Bozarth Park Meadows when I bought my Cruze was if GM had changed anything from the owners manual. It does occasionally happen, but I have discovered that if you ask directly and not when you need service that you'll get the correct answer.

Gives me new perspective. I have never been one to let someone else work on my cars or rarely at best. Esp now since my dealer is in Ky and I live @ 10 miles from Ky. I honestly don't know as much about my cars as I used to and I don't drive that much that it will be an occurrence that will "break the bank" and the idea of the free tires is not all that bad of an idea but that is 40K to go. And even though I could do it myself, I am just getting to that point in my life it is not worth that much for me to do anymore. So.... I will probably do likewise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.