Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good job on the focus, reminds me of my high school days trying to race anything wanting to go at the stop lights lol
OH for sure. Those were the days. I actually used to have a sexy midnight blue zx3 hatch. It was the last year of the 1st gen but mine was special. Most had 2.0 zetec motors unless you had an svt or you had an ses with the pzev package.... Which means when you pop the hood, it wasn't a zetec. Twas a magnificent 2.3 duratec. Mine even still had the Mazda logo. That was a fun car. Pain the arse to work on though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
OH for sure. Those were the days. I actually used to have a sexy midnight blue zx3 hatch. It was the last year of the 1st gen but mine was special. Most had 2.0 zetec motors unless you had an svt or you had an ses with the pzev package.... Which means when you pop the hood, it wasn't a zetec. Twas a magnificent 2.3 duratec. Mine even still had the Mazda logo. That was a fun car. Pain the arse to work on though.
I had a 96 Ford probe GT, manual trans... had a 2.5L v6 in it... first car at 16... I still like the way the probe looks and was known as Ricky racer around high school... was a fast car back then almost 200 hp after cai and flow master exhaust installed

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I had a 96 Ford probe GT, manual trans... had a 2.5L v6 in it... first car at 16... I still like the way the probe looks and was known as Ricky racer around high school... was a fast car back then almost 200 hp after cai and flow master exhaust installed
Dude! I had one too!! Same year. 5 speed. 2.5 duratec. I could Rev out to 7200 rpm and made plenty of power up top. Pretty sure it had vvt or vct or at least a flap in the intake manifold (like a gsr). It would really pick up around like 4600. I loved that car. What would be funny is you were the dude I bought it from in Vallejo. Haha

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dude! I had one too!! Same year. 5 speed. 2.5 duratec. I could Rev out to 7200 rpm and made plenty of power up top. Pretty sure it had vvt or vct or at least a flap in the intake manifold (like a gsr). It would really pick up around like 4600. I loved that car. What would be funny is you were the dude I bought it from in Vallejo. Haha
I would buy another one... it was a sharp looking car and the headlights were awesome... has that race car look to it. It ended up in the junk yard when I was 18 lol. I learned to do 180/360 spins with the E brake...especially when the roads were wet. I had a buddy with me and I was showing off pulling the e brake when I would turn on a new rode to drift a bit but was going to fast on my last left turn and was heading into the ditch on the left side and had the wheel turned right and it caught traction and swung/fish failed to the other side of the road and hit a mailbox pillar column thing

Dude had a 5ft long 4 ft high brick pillar on both sides of his driveway with the mailbox in the middle lol. Needless to say I hit the corner of it head on and the front end looked like a V... mailbox was fine tho...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oh and I figuired out what the issue was originally. Rich after reflash. Lots of mods and in speed density, open loop, it leans out because of IAT, IVT, ITT and ECT. I will post a tutorial on the fix soon, but I really REALLY wish I would hear back from an admin on lifting the 24 hour edit limit on my tutorials. If they don't I will just build my own blog for that stuff and post links. I would much rather post them here, but if they are not willing to work with me to contribute to the community, I will take it elsewhere. It's not ideal, but it is what it is.

Any mods out there reading this? Please PM me and let's talk about it.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I already have the solution. It seems my time may be better spent elsewhere... It's really hard to get a good answer here

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Well, to be fair, most people aren't too involved in the tuning, so...not really the community's fault they can't answer.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts