Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

I spoke to soon about my Cruze - another issue!

3193 Views 32 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  joshuab
I have a issue it seems w/ my Cruze, today I was rolling down the road & then I smell this awful smell like something is dead under my car mixed like something was burning. After inspecting the coolant its full, checked the oil its full, checked the brake fluid its full. Then I turn my wheel all the way to the left & got a couple pictures of some type of fluid, my initial thought was axle grease. However its really wet not really greasy at all really. Please see attached images.

Auto part Fuel line Automotive fuel system Pipe
Auto part
Auto part Engine
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,879 Posts
I wonder what the process is for that. Can the engine be pulled alone, or is the engine & translate pulled as a unit and then separated?
Usually pulled as a pair in FWD applications. Clearance becomes an annoying issue trying to mate the two halves back together. Though as well as the Cruze engine fits in the bay, I suppose it's possible!

Based on the location, I think transmission or cooler line spraying at something hot moreso than engine oil.

17,879 Posts
I have now found the cooler line right above the axle where the leak is at. I cleaned the whole area & the cooler line. Going to take it for a ride today & then grab the color of the fluid & let everyone know today & then possible its off to the dealership if its nothing I can do myself.
The cooler lines leaking are extremely common on these cars.

17,879 Posts
This may be exactly the issue & we shall see in a bit when I do my run. Is this cooler line connected to the engine & is this considered a 'seal' that would be covered under my warranty that I have so I know what is covered & what isn't.
No. Not powertrain. If you have an extended warranty, that's more fuzzy.

17,879 Posts
Possible that's been there since they worked on it and they just did a poor job cleaning things up. Oily stuff can stay around for a while. But with that thinking, I'd also think that it would have been more grimey.

Ah well, keep an eye on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.