Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Look in the warranty book that came with your car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I looked it up online, Sorry, I am a moron. It specifically states:

Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose

How can that be missed by the agent on the phone?!?!?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
You aren't the first person to get caught by this one. It's not 100% clear from the wording that the thermostat itself is covered but since the outlet is on the far side of the thermostat from the water pump it's covered.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So they finally admitted to the thermostat being under powertrain and are returning my $100 deductible.

That labor is still pretty crazy high, though. Any chance I can get that knocked off? All I kept hearing was "this is an independent dealer and we cant dictate what they charge." Its so obvious that they charged all of the labor for all 3 jobs and put it under the hose work.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
So they finally admitted to the thermostat being under powertrain and are returning my $100 deductible.

That labor is still pretty crazy high, though. Any chance I can get that knocked off? All I kept hearing was "this is an independent dealer and we cant dictate what they charge." Its so obvious that they charged all of the labor for all 3 jobs and put it under the hose work.
Is this an Auto Nation Chevy Dealer? The Service Contract that you bought may or may not cover the labor as these shops are paid 33% of book labor and that's on a GM claim, who knows how low they go with independent shops. I would imagine they billed your non GM Warranty. I just had the identical repair today and the only parts needed were the Pump, the clamps which had to be ordered, and replacement fluid, along with 2 Rental Car days. What is the name of the Service Contract provider and what level of coverage did you get. Also it might be time to call the Service Director or the General Manager?

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Thanks for the Likes guys. I scanned my RO and should be able to post it although I am still having major typing and posting problems, let's see if it shows up . As I just returned from San Diego I also got the Dealer to clean the car as well!

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
That is true if the O/P would have presented themselves at a GM Dealer. AutoNation does not honor a GM Powertrain warranty which runs for 5 years 100,000 miles.
AutoNation is a very large chain of dealerships. When they operate a GM franchise they are required to honor the GM warranties. Likewise Toyota warranties are honored at their Toyota franchises. However, a GM franchise doesn't honor a Toyota warranty.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
The service rep told me the water pump was covered under the power train warranty, though.

And I have had other things serviced at this location that fell under "power train warranty".
Which begs me to ask, what have you had done, and were they power train items AND were you charged $100?? If so I would be asking for money back. I'm sure this is done to many people. Get to know and love your GM Dealer until you expire

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Third party warranty. Not GMPP.
Actually GMPP is a 3rd party contract as well and now as of this year the unofficial GM preferred policy. I spoke with those goons located in Chicago once and they told me if I cancelled their coverage I could never "Re Buy" another one. I cancelled and bought another GMPP for $500 less!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
I just do the work myself, even what little warranty work I had done, always find something wrong, cables and lines not installed properly, push pin rivets missing, bolts not torqued correctly, even a stripped bolt.

In dealing with a warranty repair, get the quote first to make **** sure its zero. Call this experience. Of course they have to remove the hoses to change a water pump, and if they don't use the correct tool, will break something. With all this snap together crap, should also be replacing the O-rings. Didn't have to worry about crap like this when all brass fittings were used.

Think if my water pump goes out, will just pay the 45 bucks, almost wish I laid out 150 bucks for my rear calipers, God they made a mess out of my car, and its my life, not theirs. But they are the experts.

Ha, my daughter just received a 270 buck quote to replace the right front wheel bearing, was told if she didn't do this, that wheel would seize and she would get killed. They let her hear the noise, but she checked with me first. Just a small stone struck between the rotor shield and the rotor. Not a darn thing wrong with that bearing. Know how to check the play on these things.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts