Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

iDatalink Maestro (Aftermarket Double Din w/Factory Vehicle Controls)

13K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  TheMaterial 
You have a whole lot of research on this 1 ..
Start with the authorized dealer of the Maestro RR ..
the other thing that you are assuming is that you would be replacing the Cd, XM radio mylink canbus and the analog buttons that control those signals for the particular functions .. so what interface will give you those functions if you remove them ? Good Luck ....
These systems are great, pretty much plug and play and if you get the proper radio, you retain everything. In some models you can go as far as viewing tire pressure on the radio with the aftermarket radio.

You do not just purchase the Maestro though, you need the wiring harness for the car as well. This is what ties into the cars wires and plugs into the Maestro.

As far as I know though, it doesn't work on the Cruze yet. You can view the compatible cars on Idatalink.

I'm not really sure what your point is with the link?

You may want to watch the video with regards to what the maestro is on the idatalink website. You need a specific radio from Alpine, Kenwood or Pioneer. These said radio's have a data port that connect to the maestro. You then purchase a vehicle specific harness from Idatalink that works for the vehicle and the Maestro.

You can purchase the Maestro SW on its own though if you want a very good and easy to use steering wheel control adapter.

Price ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what if I do not want to choose some Name brand aftermarket 2 din ,PC, DVD , Navigation , rear camera , D-TV, APP Radio ?

I have already done IT !

And my new 2 Din has Data inputs
We sell it for $250cdn I believe.

If you want to choose a radio that isn't compatible with it, then simply don't purchase it. It's just another aftermarket integration accessory but it happens to install extremely cleanly, and allows you to view vehicle information through the radio it self. Just note it is vehicle specific, and you can reference what it works in on the idatalink site.

The radio's with the data ports work with the other accessories from PAC, Axxess, Scoche, ext..You just will not get the extra features that the Maestro unlocks.

Sorry for the separate post I should have multi-quoted haha. On their website it doesn't show the cruze as being a compatible model, but you can flash it through a web plug-in when they come out with the update. I asked if anybody has any experience with it because of this fact. It looks like it would be a really clean solution. It also seems to allow you to set custom gauges without needing a bluetooth OBD adapter and an app like Torque.
It installs very cleanly. If the vehicle allows it, it's the only option we go with now. They work very nicely on the silverado's and mustangs. I'd imagine it would work great on this car too.

Why then is the Chevy Cruzen NOT Listed in the compatabity Profiles ?
And How can the Maestro RR give the preferance for the configuratios for personalization settings if you are removing those Features by Installing an aftermarket radio ?
I have no idea, maybe you can email Idatalink and ask them why they have not created software for our cars.

What do you mean by preference and configuration for personalized settings? Like retaining factory XM? Or in Ford's case, retaining the sync system?

If You are not familiar with the Products you are selling , I think I'll Pass on yer Maestro and Keep what I already Have ..
Thanks But NO Thanks ...

If ya really want to help , Reaearch the Products ya sell first !
You are asking me questions like I work for Idatalink. I do not. I install car audio, I do not work sales either. I have no affiliation with the brand other than being able to order it, as you can too. 99% of what I've learned about it, I got right from the idata site and forum, which you can access too. I'm doing my best to help someone on a public forum. I'm not really sure why you came in hear offering only negative opinions as a MOD that's embarrassing.

I've installed the maestro into Fords, Dodge's, and a Sierra. What would you like to know about the vehicles that it actually works in. I do not have any knowledge about the vehicles that it does not support. Nor do I know about the chip set or anything to do internally with the unit, I am not a software engineer.

You asked me a very confusion question, I tried offering clarification before going into left field, but instead you spew out some garbage instead of clarifying your question. If you would like to clarify that question I'll do my best to answer it. But I can tell you anything you are going to ask me, you can easily find the answer for yourself. But hey if you like to be spoon fed, ask away.

My educated guess as to why Idatalink has not given us a cruze version is because there may be no point. I believe the XM and Bluetooth is internal (if not, it's probably a matter of time before they develop it). If you cared to look, or had put the pieces together, the vehicles that work with the maestro all offer some sort of highly integrated factory system. Example, Dodge Uconnect, Ford Sync. Ford at the moment does the most, it will even do factory climate controls over the aftermarket radio with the RR.

I'll keep this simple, yes please keep what you have as the RR does not work in the cruze, I think that has been said a few times. Purchasing it would be a waste of money at this point in time. If you look up about two posts from yours I answered everything the original poster wanted to know. No one here is trying to sell anything to anyone. I'm not sure if you have realized this yet, but the RR is not for everyone, and is not even an option for this car. A gentlemen simply had some questions with regards to a VERY NEW car audio accessory and what integration was like. Heck, even the 70 year old man we ordered one in for the other week understood why it worked in his mustang and not his older f350.

I know new technology is scary, but no need to bash a product because you were to inept to find any information about it or understand how it works.

I Cracked the Dilemma ! If we would Like to Enhance the Base Head Unit then Enhance the Unit itself with Aftermarket Products !

If Some one wants to Replace then the Removal of the Head Unit will come with a Loss of certain criteria that are Built into the H. U. and It's controls .. the SWC-I Module will Give Us Options and Does Interface with the Body Control Module , But only for Data to Recieve and send signals to the New H U for the Steering Wheel Controls which is Nice .. Other than that we are left With the GMOS 044 and GMOS 45 which is for the Cruzen with every concievable Option to Date .

My Install was and Forever will Be a Pita that I wish not to Revisit for Some time to come ..

New Ideas are welcomed and are Dissected for Limitations and Options .
Heck I got ASTC TV in Me Cruzen and can watch a Hockey Game or some news if I'd prefer .. Cheap entertainment should not have to cost a fortune just to implement !

The way I consider this Topic is if 1 wishes to expand the capability of his or her Cruzen than Please study the many Wiring Diagrams first , and get a grasp of Power supply especially the Data Driven ( Retained Accessory Power Supply .. After many Hours of Studying the Schematics and Diagrams , Start Collecting the Parts you would like to Install ...

Next Year IT Will Be a new APP Radio .. Weee Mine costed $ 89.00 with every concievable Option .. and Not $ 600.00
Again you choose to ignore what I ask you and spew more garbage. I've come to the conclusion you have zero idea what the maestro is and what it does. You seem to keep insinuating that I am saying this device works in our cars. IT DOES NOT. I simply offered an opinion how it installed in other platforms and that it is not available in our cars. I went on to say if it does come to our cars it will be the best option to add an aftermarket HU. I also said numerous times what options work best as well. (You seem to keep linking, and I have not yet confirmed why)

I am still flabbergasted you were MOTM, as you can't even comprehend what's even being talked about in this thread, nor put a sentence together. Your an adult, act like one.

I tried to ask you numerous times what you wanted to know about the maestro and you never gave any sort of clear answer.

If people want to know what works in our cars, there 50 threads that tell you how, same with running amps. It's not rocket science there is zero to study. Buy your harness, match the colors, run a mic. Takes about 30-45mins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.