Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone I'm new. I also own a brand new 2017 Chevy Cruze. I just bought it 3 weeks ago.

Any way...my question (issue) is about how it idles. I've noticed and liked how quiet the engine is. But yesterday with the warmer weather, I rolled down the windows and noticed something:

Many times when I come to a stop light or a stop sign, it gets so quiet that it sounds like the engine is dying. Yesterday was the first day that I began to actually thing it IS dying when I come to a stop. The WEIRD think is...I don't have to restart it...I just hit the gas and it goes. I don't have to restart it, just hitting the gas gets it going. I'm really confused as to what is going on. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah thank you! I had no idea that's what this was! It kind of scares me a little to hear my car just die like that. lol Thank you for your input. I'll look more into this! :smile:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a new impala for a loaner when my 13 was in the shop and it did this. I didn't like that at all. I want the power available to me exactly when I hit the gas pedal, not after the engine restarts. Just my opinion

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest with you, I'm not sure I like this feature either. There's something unsettling about it. I hope I get used to it.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Auto stop/start is the wave of the future. Studies have shown that up to 10% of the fuel consumed in city traffic is a direct result of sitting at stop lights. This is a "low hanging fruit" type item as car manufacturers work on meeting the ever increasing CAFE standards.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
Honestly, I like that it shuts off at lights, because they're often quite long here. But I do wish it wouldn't engage as soon as you stop. Some sort of 3-5 sec timer or something would be helpful. The transmission can jerk a little bit if you let off the brake on a hill.

I let my dad drive my car for a day over Christmas, and he didn't even notice it until I pointed it out to him, at which point, his reaction was "that's really weird".

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
My 2012 Cruze this and I don't even have stop/start technology! its called turbo lag!!
Improperly gapped plugs in the Gen 1 Cruze will make the turbo lag even more noticeable. When I first got my ECO MT the spark plugs weren't consistently gapped. Once I regapped them the car drove noticeably better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts