·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: 11CruzeLTZ

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
That is very nice and I would love to see them make it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks nice, with the 2.8 the truck seems to be a little underpowered considering the weight of the beast. imo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks nice, with the 2.8 the truck seems to be a little underpowered considering the weight of the beast. imo.
I agree it is not going to be a dragster lol but it has the same tq as a 5.0l V8 in an f150... should be awesome for crawling around in the back woods :)

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Yeah there is alot of interest for the 2106 Colorado Going around .
The GMC Canyon has Gathered quite a Following and should see similar Options and Drive trane .

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
The Colorado is surprisingly light, it only comes in at 3800-4200lbs for the current gas models and cab/4x4 weight variable. The 2.8L diesel has as much torque(speculated numbers) as last generations 5.3L v8.

This will me a much better option than the car engine(3.6L) GM is currently using as the most powerful option. 269lb-ft of torque for the 3.6L, 325lb-ft for the 2.8L.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The GMC Canyon has Gathered quite a Following and should see similar Options and Drive trane .
That's because the Colorado looks like poop and the canyon looks like a small Sierra which makes it a better truck to buy if you really like half tons because it's just miniature.

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Gotta ask my son and see if they have been testing the axles for this one. The company he works for makes the axles for the Colorado and Canyon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like both the canyon and colorodo but I do prefer the canyon in standard truck form...however that being said the ZR2 concept is amazing, wider trac, 2 inches higher than a Z71, king remote reservoir shocks, the list goes on such a sweet looking stance, and well its diesel haha, its like a smaller diesel powered chevy version of an svt raptor f150, and should get awesome fuel economy :)

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,320 Posts
I agree it is not going to be a dragster lol but it has the same tq as a 5.0l V8 in an f150... should be awesome for crawling around in the back woods :)
Did anyone notice they promised that torque at 1000 freaking RPM?

That's amazing.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
They make lots of promises, let's wait and see.

Reactions: BowtieGuy

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Talked with my son today. They haven't started any 2016 testing for the Colorado/Canyon trucks yet. They are only making the axles for the two wheel drive and four wheel drive 2015s. Testing and pre-production stuff won't start until later this year. Nothing about the ZR2 model. The ZL1 is a separate axle, but no specs. on a ZR2 drive train. Gonna have to wait.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I don't have high hopes...everything nice I see as a concept ends up something far less desireable when it sees production. But if this ever did make it much like the concept vehicle...it will probibly be priced way out of my comfort zone.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Go build a full dress ZL1 and add 20%.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
...it will probibly be priced way out of my comfort zone.
With a base price of $20K, it already seems priced a little high to me. If they did create the ZR2 concept, it would probably be in the $35-$40K range.

I really like the new Chevy Colorado. I had an S-10 in the '90s, and I would definitely consider the Colorado. The exterior looks great, in my opinion. But the interior looks like they just resurrected and old design from the 1980s.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The zr2 looks great. Otherwise it's the GMC Canyon without a doubt.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts