Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Chevy Cruze LT. One of the shops tightened them to the point of stripping. I am trying to find the proper ones.

Can anybody help point me in the right direction, please? It's hard to get them on and off.

· The Nuclear Option
5,876 Posts
The top of the bolts, so I can't screw them in properly. They also are coming loose again. And thank you.
You should be able to get a replacement from you local GM parts department.

Out of curious how did you strip the bolt? Where you using the wrong size hex/torn? ( I Forget if it's a hex bit or a torx bit?)

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum.

The bolt threads are stripped?

OR

The bung threads on the Ignition coil are stripped?

Out of curious how did you strip the bolt? Where you using the wrong size hex/torx?
They were stripped when I got them from the shop. When I tried unscrewing them, they were extremely tight so it stripped them a little more. Had to hammer a new pattern in to get them out. Any chance you know what size they are?

Out of curious how did you strip the bolt? Where you using the wrong size hex/torn? ( I Forget if it's a hex bit or a torx bit?)
The shop tightened them in too much. They stripped a little more trying to get them out. One of them had to have a new pattern hammered in. Any chance you know the size for it?

· The Nuclear Option
5,876 Posts
They were stripped when I got them from the shop. When I tried unscrewing them, they were extremely tight so it stripped them a little more. Had to hammer a new pattern in to get them out. Any chance you know what size they are?

The shop tightened them in too much. They stripped a little more trying to get them out. One of them had to have a new pattern hammered in. Any chance you know the size for it?
Not off the top of my head. You should be able to get a replacement from GM though.

· Registered
2013 1LT/RS
49 Posts
eBay sleuthing got me to this part number: 11098802. Looks like CARiD has them for $2.50/ea ... plus tax and $12 shipping.

eBay listings have them for as low as $11 shipped right now (for a single bolt). But like others have said, check to see if your local Chevy (or Buick since it's shared with the Encore's 1.4L engine) dealer has them in stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.