Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 1LT automatic, 15,000 miles, U.S.

On first turn of ignition key, car tries to start, then immediately dies.
After several turns of the key, it finally catches and then the gauge check occurs (all lights), and everything is good after that.
No codes displayed.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Dealer problem. :)

Some have had similar problems that turned out to be fuel pressure. However, I think they always started on the second try.

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
Dude I would have been at the dealer the first time that happened, period. Things like this are just about the only reason to even buy a new car, for that guaranteed free shop visit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out what the problem was purely by accident. If I hold the key fob by the flat and turn, no problem!
Apparently my usual twisting by holding the edges of the fob was causing it to flex, apparently breaking a connection somewhere.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts

On first turn of ignition key, car tries to start, then immediately dies.
After several turns of the key, it finally catches and then the gauge check occurs (all lights), and everything is good after that.
No codes displayed.

Thanks,

Dave
Are you planning on bringing this to the attention of your servicing dealership, Dave? We'd be happy to get you in touch with them and review your situation in greater detail. Should you want to move forward in this direction, we're available via private message and only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership to get started. Thank you for your time and have a great weekend. :)

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts