25,596 Posts
Welcome back.

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Redlines are cooooool, congrats!

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome back! We're gonna need some pictures of that beast.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Started my car with the mychev app this morning it was 18 degrees, the rear window was defrosted and the seats were warm, I am really loving the new technology over my gen 1.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Started my car with the mychev app this morning it was 18 degrees, the rear window was defrosted and the seats were warm, I am really loving the new technology over my gen 1.
I didn't even miss ya ..yeah I 'm loven me new tech too .

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
32mpg Highway so far, not the 40mpg I was hoping for....sure hope this get's better once the enging is broken in?

·
Registered
16 Posts
32mpg Highway so far, not the 40mpg I was hoping for....sure hope this get's better once the engine is broken in?
I have just over 500 miles on my 2018 and the MPG gets better. Currently I average 31 around town and 42 on the hwy. I was getting 24 around town and 32 hwy when I first got the car.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
32mpg Highway so far, not the 40mpg I was hoping for....sure hope this get's better once the enging is broken in?
Or when you quit running the engine before you get in the car...that's kind of the opposite of stopping the engine at red lights to save fuel.

Also, Premier RS owners seem to report significantly lower MPG, I suspect that might happen with the Redline's 18" wheels too.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Also, Premier RS owners seem to report significantly lower MPG, I suspect that might happen with the Redline's 18" wheels too.

29/39 revised 2017 estimates seem spot-on to me. I've gotten up to 42 hwy, but I am usually doing 70+.

Yes, extended warm-up times or remote starting the car before leaving is throwing away gas.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Well after my wife wrote off our White Eco a few years ago, I am back in the Cruze family, I just took delivery today on a 2018 Silver Ice RS Redline.

Looking forward to saving a bunch of money on gas again.
Aren't the '17s still on sale? You could have saved a bunch of $$$ on gas and a 17.
Cheers!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

29/39 revised 2017 estimates seem spot-on to me. I've gotten up to 42 hwy, but I am usually doing 70+.

Yes, extended warm-up times or remote starting the car before leaving is throwing away gas.
@Taxman @jblackburn @Spygoat

Yes I was a little worried about the 18 inch wheels being to heavy and lowering my mpg's, but I guess in the back of my mind I thought I could beat EPA despite that.

I guess we will see. I think I did better on my commute this morning, probably averaged 35mpg (just guessing) it's hard to get good mileage will breaking in the engine as you always have to be changing speeds.

Thanks for the suggestion on not warming the car up soooo much in the morning. That does make a big difference.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aren't the '17s still on sale? You could have saved a bunch of $$$ on gas and a 17.
Cheers!
Yes they certainly are. I leased this car so it ended up being a better deal to lease an 18 (0.5%) over the 17 (8.99%) plus I got an extra $4,000 off the 18 so I feel like I did pretty good. I just couldn't bring myself to get a LT with the 16 inch rims, so I knew I was getting the Redline or nothing. I am in Sales so it's all a tax write-off anyways, doesn't hurt me if I have to spend a bit extra on gas.

No matter what I end up getting for Mpg in the end it will still be better than the 14mpg Highway I was getting on my 2500 6 liter.

·
17,488 Posts
@Taxman @jblackburn @Spygoat

Yes I was a little worried about the 18 inch wheels being to heavy and lowering my mpg's, but I guess in the back of my mind I thought I could beat EPA despite that.
I notice about a 3 MPG hit compared to a LT w/ 16"s I had as a rental for a while.

I'll live with it - the handling on the 18"s - as well as the visual improvement to the appearance of the car - is much better with the 18"s on it. The Michelins are LOUD, though.

I have seen up to 46 MPG for extended periods on 55-60 MPH US highways. Go beyond 70 MPH and it drops to 39-40.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I notice about a 3 MPG hit compared to a LT w/ 16"s I had as a rental for a while.

I'll live with it - the handling on the 18"s - as well as the visual improvement to the appearance of the car - is much better with the 18"s on it. The Michelins are LOUD, though.

I have seen up to 46 MPG for extended periods on 55-60 MPH US highways. Go beyond 70 MPH and it drops to 39-40.
I did notice that this morning that at 55mph I was doing really well, like mid 40's anything above that and I started dipping down to low 30's mpg. I know once the engine get's broken in it will improve, but I may just have to drive around at 58mph (I remember that being the sweet spot on my Eco) and I will be able to get my 40mpg I am looking for.

Here's to hoping,

·
17,488 Posts
I did notice that this morning that at 55mph I was doing really well, like mid 40's anything above that and I started dipping down to low 30's mpg. I know once the engine get's broken in it will improve, but I may just have to drive around at 58mph (I remember that being the sweet spot on my Eco) and I will be able to get my 40mpg I am looking for.

Here's to hoping,
My MPG has dropped recently from winter gas or the cold, but I think my right foot is to blame for it too. The car is just plain more fun in cool weather :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My MPG has dropped recently from winter gas or the cold, but I think my right foot is to blame for it too. The car is just plain more fun in cool weather :D
I would agree....I am really liking the powerband on this new engine....lots of passing power...it's a fun little car.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Average 41+mpg on my commute yesterday and today. Have to drive at 59mph but it's working really well at that speed 50mpg's or better.

I think I am going to be happy and the mpg's has certainly gotten better as the engine has been broken in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.