Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Picked up a 2017 LT Gen 2 Hatchback for the wife, so here are some initial thoughts that weren't already captured.

A couple of initial thoughts compared to my previous Gen 1.

• I prefer the MyLink in the previous Gen...it just seemed easier to use. Maybe I'm partial after putting countless hours and tears into spearheading that upgrade.
  • Gen 2 Start-Stop is awesome. I'm pushing 40MPG in mostly 2 laned back woods New England driving.
  • The computer in Gen 2 blows Gen 1 our of the water.
  • I tend to prefer the cluster in Gen 1. The speedo from this reminds me of the Cobalt.

All in all- glad to be back on Cruzetalk again! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Family car Mid-size car

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Welcome back! They were just saying where has modalita been? Hey when you mention the computer is better what exactly have you noticed. Is the additional HP worth noting. How do you feel driving a Mexican made Car? We got some very opinionated posters a while ago saying they never would buy a CRUZE not made in the U.S.A.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Umm...is the proper answer my wife is Latina and the car is for her? Therefore Latina driving a Mexican made car is okay then?

But seriously, I thought there was only a certain VIN range of early hatchbacks that were the Mexican made ones?

Welcome back! They were just saying where has modalita been? Hey when you mention the computer is better what exactly have you noticed. Is the additional HP worth noting. How do you feel driving a Mexican made Car? We got some very opinionated posters a while ago saying they never would buy a CRUZE not made in the U.S.A.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And you are correct. I have a 3G1 VIN range so that makes it a Mexican-Cruze.

So my wife would only take a hatchback, with the only two alternatives provided as a Hyundai Elantra GT or the Toyota IM. So it's the lesser of the evils.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
The second gen Cruze is overall significantly better4 that's why I got two. The mylink is faster in the new cars, so I'll blame your personal feelings there. :p

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Welcome back! Yeah, I don't really miss my 2012 at all the more I continue driving the new one.

All hatches are Mexican built. They will probably sell more outside the US market anyway.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I had some more time to think on the Mexican made Cruze. As an avowed mercantilist, I thought I was getting one off the Ohio assembly line like the last one. With complex supply chains, we are navigating an amazing set of choices if you are choosing an American made car built overseas, or vice versa. Beyond the line factory worker- where is the R&D, the management chain, and where do the actual third party suppliers located at?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.