Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I used to poke around on this forum when I first bought my 2013 LTZ Cruze and I'm back since life has settled down a bit. I tried selling the Cruze when I bought a 2009 F250 but had no luck. I ended up telling my wife that she was going to daily drive it rather than her busted Explorer, which she has done for 2 years. I'm glad that the car did not sell to be honest, I love the "first gen" Cruze bodystyle the best and it's been such a good car. I've recently regained interest in customizing the Cruze since I've done about as much to my 2016 F250 as I can do without voiding the warranty. I recently drove the Cruze and noticed that the 3K fogs were flickering, shortly followed by burning out. So, the list of mods are as follows.

Soon to have:
Diode Dynamics XML2 fogs (already purchased)
Big 3 kit (BIG3XS)
Set of BKR7EIX plugs (will buy today)
Throwing the K&N panel filter back in
Trubendz 2.5 stainless exhaust
Tinting the front two windows

In a year when the car is paid off:
BNR GT14 turbo kit with Bosch injectors
ZZP intercooler kit
Drilled and slotted rotors/new pads

Feels good to be back and it's nice knowing I've got a place to go to ask questions if I hit speed bumps along the way!

Here's Ole red in the garage with the front bumper cover removed for the xml2 bulb install.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I got the oil changed with Mobil1 extended life and Wix filter, K&N panel filter installed, BKR7EIX plugs installed with copper anti seize on the boots, cleaned the MAF and filled the tank with 91 octane and Royal Purple fuel treatment. Wife reported that it felt MUCH better on her way to work and that the fogs were amazing. I can't wait to drive it myself and feel the difference with those plugs and swe how the fogs do. Ive wanted those for my 250 for a whIle now, lucky girl.........

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All Red Everything

Attachments

Reactions: joshuab

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Welcome back! :welcome:

I'm interested to see how your Cruze turns out!

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
@2016SD6.7 nice F-250 there that is sweet. I have always like those big trucks pure powerhouses, those are your daily work horses I haven't seen a truck that can handle as much as these F-Series trucks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will see if I can get my wife to send me a picture when she leaves for work(when it's dark). I barely finished the car in time for her to go to work last night. I plugged the coil back in, hooked the battery up, checked the oil level, started the car, and it had just came down from high idle when she came out into the garage and got in the car and left :( I will get you guys some pictures soon. Though, from what I could tell just from standing in the driveway and watching her leave, they appear to outshine the headlights and have a nice spread. And we live on a very well lit street, so I figure they must be bright if I could easily see the fog lights over the street lights. I'm really happy with the color temp appearance, I went with 5k pure white, very nice looking. Has anyone tried led headlight bulbs in these cars? Wondering if they have a decent spread. I'm kind of burnt out with hids on these cars, I never could get a set to last more than a year in that car. Possibly because of the voltage fluctuations when turning the wheels, etc and causing the lights to dim? I know hid's need steady voltage for long life. Also, I'm not really looking to do projectors, just not in the budget.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome back to the forum!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
She sent me one picture, not the best to show pattern but you can see the color temp. I'll get some pattern pics and some from different angles inside and out later this week. Thanks for all of the comments, it's good to be back! For those that liked my 250, I attached some more pictures of that. Funny that we both have bright red vehicles. Both are a blast to drive, one is MUCH closer to being paid off......

Attachments

Reactions: chevrasaki

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here it is when it was in it's prime. Only difference now as far as looks go, is the front two windows aren't tinted bc she had a hard time seeing out of the car at night with 5%. I'm going to tint the front 2 with 20% for Christmas for her.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I miss the dirt-free engine bay

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally got a chance to drive it since she didn't work tonight. I am so pleased with how the car feels at low rpm and lug situations with the new plugs. Such an easily noticeable difference, easily worth 36 bucks. The car no longer shutters and stumbles in reverse and feels so much more powerful at low rpm's. As far as the lights go, awesome, I need to clean the lenses and tweak the aiming but they definitely help visibility. The car desperately needs the big 3 upgrade, the dimming when turning the wheels, etc is really annoying so that is up next on the list.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.