Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm officially back. I originally had a '12 LTZ RS and after 2 years I traded it for a '13 Hyundai Genesis Coupe (mid life crisis car). I had it just under 3 months and I traded it in today. Loss my a** on it but I got what I want and I'm staying for awhile. A new '14 LTZ RS. I missed my '12 3 days after I traded it in. I had buyers regret soon. I picked up a few features that I didn't have with the '12... backup camera, side traffic alert on the mirror, new things on the NAV. And someone correct me if I'm wrong but the speakers sound much better in the '14. I had the upgraded sound package the '12 but I don't think it was nearly as good as this new car.

So I just wanted to say Hi. I'm in such a good mood today. Now I just wish I wouldn't of sold my LED tails that I spent so much time on wiring.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Welcome back and congratulations!

Sent from my last surviving brain cell

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Now all you have to do is Post up some new Pics of that brand new 14 cruzen LTZ RS

Welcome Back Be cool stay cozy keep cruze and Best Wishes !

Reactions: Starks8

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome back. So the grass wasn't greener ... :) I'm assuming you got the base stereo in your new LTZ. After having listened to the Pioneer "upgrade" in my son's 2013 ECO MT I'm glad I have the base stereo in my 2012 ECO MT. The base stereo simply sounds better to me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! NO the grass definitely wasn't greener :) I actually missed my Cruze 3 days after trade.

Welcome back! Glad to see you here again.

Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about the Genesis Coupe? I always liked those for some reason, but never actually bothered to drive one.
Well for one the trunk was horrible. It was deep enough but the height almost gave you no room to haul anything. It was RWD. I didn't think it was gonna be too bad when I bought it. But we had ice on our roads a week ago and I went sideways with it. Not a winter car. I also didn't like the fuel mileage. I knew I would be going down from the Cruze but I went way down. I would have 34-36 on the cruze. Around 22 with the genesis coupe. A lot of it was impulsive buy. Watched a youtube video of one and then had to have it. Strangely it doesn't seem like people keep them long. My honeymoon with it was over. Lots of them on Autotrader with very low mileage. I traded it in with 4200 miles and had it not quite 3 months. I took a bit hit on it but at least I'm happy. My '14 is loaded with everything except the illuminated door sills. I will post some pics when I get it tinted on Saturday. Gotta get the LED tails ordered now. I saw that place that is coming out with the sequential flashing tails. At first I loved them but now I think it would get to be a bit much.

obermd-
Actually I had the upgraded Pioneer system in my '12 LTZ RS but for some reason the quality of the speakers seems better in the '14.

See you guys on here more frequently now.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Welcome back! Congrats on your 2014 ltz. That Genesis coupe should have been pretty fast with 348hp. Don't they also have a turbo 4? That probably would have better fuel mileage. I hear you about rear wheel drive on icy roads. My GTO 6M is no fun in ice and snow and the my car before that, a Mercedes C230K 6M was awful on slippery roads.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My wife and I did the same thing, almost. I bought a 13 lt rs in July and she had a 12 Hyundai Elantra. We hated the elantra so much that we traded it in after owning it for only 9 months. Now we have a 2013 lt rs and a 2014 lt. We both love our cruze!!

Welcome back!!! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
713 Posts
My wife and I did the same thing, almost. I bought a 13 lt rs in July and she had a 12 Hyundai Elantra. We hated the elantra so much that we traded it in after owning it for only 9 months. Now we have a 2013 lt rs and a 2014 lt. We both love our cruze!!

Just curious as to why you didn't like the Elantra
I just bought a Mazda 3 and the thing has such poor ride quality I can't wait to get rid of it. As soon as the Cruze gets an improved power train or better yet the new model comes out I'm trading it in.
Keeping my GM card points healthy in the meantime

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts

That's good to hear - I was close to buying an Elantra myself, and my girlfriend was close to buying a Sonata, but there were a handful of things I didn't like about both. I'm pretty happy with what I ended up with.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome back! Congrats on your 2014 ltz. That Genesis coupe should have been pretty fast with 348hp. Don't they also have a turbo 4? That probably would have better fuel mileage. I hear you about rear wheel drive on icy roads. My GTO 6M is no fun in ice and snow and the my car before that, a Mercedes C230K 6M was awful on slippery roads.
Thanks. It was crazy fast. It was awkward when I drove away from the dealership yesterday. It felt under powerd. Then I looked at the mpg and remembered life is good. Yes there is a 2.0T Genesis Coupe as well. To make it at nice as it was, lowered, wheel spacers, Magnaflow exhaust I ended up falling out of love with it. Ride was too rough. To be honest, I liked it more so before I even had it.

CruzeLTZ-RS,

Welcome Back!!

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks Erica. It's good to be back :)

That's good to hear - I was close to buying an Elantra myself, and my girlfriend was close to buying a Sonata, but there were a handful of things I didn't like about both. I'm pretty happy with what I ended up with.
The Elantra's are nice. Probably the closest match to the Cruze in the Hyundai lineup. My coworker just bought a '13 Sonata. I did ride in it and it was loaded nicely. Also roomy. Hyundai does have an excellent warranty.

My heart is with the Cruze though. I didn't want to wait until the 2015 came out. I like the 1st gen Cruze body style way better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts