Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems the MPG and the MPH "seem flaky" at times. More the MPH than the MPG. My MPH seems to be hovering around 30 MPH. Granted I am doing mainly city driving but it seems like it is unexpectedly low. This last time I reset the trip OD for this last fill up it was at 27.8. Now I just went out driving after refill and doing @ 40-50 MPH on city rd. and it is sitting at 28.7 but that was only after 11 miles. I really need to get out on the hwy and reset the OD and see it will increase to @ whatever speed I am doing. Then the MPG, that seems more dependent on whether I am in and out of the accelerator much. After I filled up this last time it was sitting in the 60s until as I said I am in and out of the accelerator much. Now it is sitting @ 36 MPG after 11 miles. IDK lots of driving around Cincinnati even on the hwy requires lots of stop and go. I may take it on a nice long drive up to Dayton and back to see how it reacts esp if I am not in and out of the gas much. I may be a little premature on the observation but it just doesn't seem right. Any ideas?

FYI I started using 93 octane again and I am seeing the MPG creeping back up which I was wondering if I had some other problem going on like my initial brake problem that I resolved @ 20000 miles ago. Where my brakes were always "on".

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK As I said I was afraid I jumped the problem gun. I took a small road trip to Dayton and back @ 100 miles and my Mpg is now @45 MPG and my MPH is now @ 60 MPH. It truly had to do with the type of driving I am subjected to in Cincinnati. Most all of it comes down to lots of stop and go and if not stop then moving not all that fast. This afternoon I was able to stay @ 70 MPH driving up I-75. but it did come down to minimal stop and go so now at 55 MPH and MPG is still in the 40s. I guess all is well.

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And your average MPG.
Yep. I have a lot of stop and go in my daily driving that is truly why my MPG is not so "Eco like". I forget what is was with my LS but it was not nearly as good as I am getting now. To get in the low 30s with most of my driving in the city maybe my MPG is "Eco like". I need to look at my conditions more than comparing it to time spent on the hwy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts