Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new daily driver and I've been looking at tons of different cars, but the Cruze has caught my eye. The 2011-13 models are right in my price range. I found a nice 2012 Cruze LT with 161,029 miles for $5,171. It even has a nice maroon/black custom interior and I feel like I can get the price down, but there's another 2011 LTZ model with 95,711 miles for $6,450. Which should I go for? 161,029 seems like a lot but the car has only had 1 owner and is perfect for my price range. I have links to both cars if anyone wants to take a look. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I’m brand new to the Cruze world myself, so I’m afraid I don’t have any specific insights on the pros/cons or issues associated with those model years or trim levels, but my generic thoughts are that lower miles is usually better - however, if the required big ticket service items that tend to be due in the 100-150K range (like timing belt replacement (if applicable), transmission service, fluid replacements, etc...) were taken care of and there’s proof of that, then I personally wouldn’t be turned off by the 160K on a car in this price range and would focus on which car has the daily driving features that are most important to you.

Hopefully others in here will weigh in for you with more “2011/2012 Cruze specific” advice and recommendations. Best of luck to you in your search!

·
Registered
24 Posts
i had a 2014 come into my work today it had 197k and it had the 1.4t. Drove it after servicing it and it drove and pulled fine. Was impressed with how it drove with high miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll definitely ask for all that. Hopefully they can provided because that 2012 is right in my budget. I did find a nice 2013 that I don't mind getting, its got 119,590.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.