Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I'm Tonya, Aka Ladybugtonya. I'm here to learn as much as possible about my Cruze so she'll hopefully last longer than the other vehicles who had the misfortune of landing at my house where cars come to die. Yes this has been the last stop for many an older vehicles. I consider myself an automobile hospice of sorts, I just help ease them to the end...sad. But on a happier note let me introduce my Cruze, her name is Ethel, she's a 2014, Rain Forest Metallic Green model with Trim: LS, Auto, Ecotec 1.8L, 138hp, black and grey interior with tinted windows. These cars are a whole new ball game for me being approx. 14 years newer than any other vehicle I've owned. I'm going to absorb as much knowledge as I can and maybe meet some other Cruze owners.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Chevrolet <--Ethel

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Welcome. As you can tell from my signature, we're in about the same boat. I drive them until there's not much left.

Most of the cars here are the 1.4T. Off hand, I don't remember what issues the 1.8 has. I don't think it's had very many problems.

My advice is to be religious about oil changes and following the service schedule found in the back of your owner's manual. Give Ethel some love and don't take her for granted, and I think you'll be fine.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Welcome Ethel!

Ray Stevens said:
Ethel, is that you, Ethel?
What do you think you're doing?
You get your clothes on!
Ethel, where you going?
Ethel, you shameless hussy
Say it isn't so Ethel
Ethel..................

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Welcome!

If it tells you it's overheating, don't keep driving it! And change transmission fluid at 45,000 mi intervals. That's about it for 1.8 issues!

Poke around the site if you want or feel free to ask questions. People here are generally pretty friendly and helpful.

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I had a 2011 LS until the beginning of 2013(when it was totaled in an accident), so I had the 1.8 and really had no issues with it other than general lack of power. One thing I did with my LS was installed aftermarket Cruise control other than that I just drove it and wondered what all the "talk about the 1.4" was about. Now I have a 2012 Eco that I bought to replace the LS. Mine was a grey and I like the forest green on your car better. I must say your car is more maintenance free. With your LS, check and adjust the rear drums @ every 5K - 6K miles. That is all

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to Cruzetalk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great advice as she's been making some noise back there lately. I'll definitely check the rear brake drums, sounds like they are more than likely the culprit. Thanks.

·
10,712 Posts
Great advice as she's been making some noise back there lately. I'll definitely check the rear brake drums, sounds like they are more than likely the culprit. Thanks.
I don't have it on me but the back right drum for 11-13 had a issue where they replaced them during the bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Welcome!!! This is a great place to learn about your cruze from part numbers ect to HP tune-ups.
Just ask or read. Most of the info is already here.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts