Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been informed after 3 years I have "maxed" out my Promotion (something they say every 6 months) and wanted $280 plus tax and fees for a year. I hardly use XM as I hardly drive the CRUZE. They were willing to reduce the price to $56.94 + for 6 months, meanwhile in the background I hear yelling and clapping and screaming and a gong (common at overseas telephone sales centers). All I listened to was one channel, have most of that music on my computer anyway, and in the 3 years I've been a customer I'm not sure they ever changed their playlist. Good riddance to XM

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
I started with XM right at the beginning, signing up on the first day that the the original Delphi Sky-Fi radio became available. (November 2001 I think.)

At that time a lifetime subscription was $399.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An interesting thing I read last night, XM is probably going to buy Pandora. That lifetime offer sounds enticing although I'm not sure I would live long enough for $399. Could have sworn others claim they did the lifetime thing for a little less. In any case I get Music Choice through my Cable, get unlimited music through YouTube, use Pandora and just found 200 hours worth of MARS FM, a local Techno station here in Los Angeles in the early 90s. XM is nothing special and not worth more than $30 every 6 months. Besides I didn't want them to bong the gong (get it on) while I was on the line! Good to see you back Tom

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I think I played through the entire Sirius/XM playlist during my free trial period. We heard TONs of repeats on the several stations we listened to and my wife and son couldn't wait for the free trial to end!!!

I also had a weird deal where I kept getting a warning to tune to 001 or something like that every once in a while that we had to ignore... I spend more than an hour on the phone with a S/XM tech and it solved the problem until I drove the car again...

We are happy with a 64 GB flash drive played on random with our own MP3s ripped to it... We get a huge variety that way, but it does seem to get in moods at times and plays an artist multiple times in a row every once in a while.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
We are happy with a 64 GB flash drive played on random with our own MP3s ripped to it... We get a huge variety that way, but it does seem to get in moods at times and plays an artist multiple times in a row every once in a while.
Yeah, it's like it picks a few folders and then shuffle plays from that set instead of the entire set.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it's like it picks a few folders and then shuffle plays from that set instead of the entire set.
Mine always starts from Song 1 on the USB stick, beginning to miss my Hyundai 6 disc CD setup although one disc is better than none at all!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Mine always starts from Song 1 on the USB stick, beginning to miss my Hyundai 6 disc CD setup although one disc is better than none at all!
Ah, you must have the wonderfully single-minded green screen radio. Yes, it played the first song on my phone every single time I plugged it in.

I now have XM free for 2 years with the new one. It's largely hit or miss. I like the classic rock and 60s/70s/90s stations. But they play either the same playlists, wonderfully obscure stuff I've never heard, or occasionally a string of good stuff.

"Without Me" by Eminem was on the other night - haven't heard that in many years!

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I don't mind XM, but I agree with Eddy, it's not worth more than $30 every 6 months. I hit 3 years soon, and if they tell me I can't do the promotion anymore then I will drop it as well.

Did you try calling back to speak with a different representative?

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't mind XM, but I agree with Eddy, it's not worth more than $30 every 6 months. I hit 3 years soon, and if they tell me I can't do the promotion anymore then I will drop it as well.

Did you try calling back to speak with a different representative?
No there was too much celebration going on, I wasn't kidding about that. They were very firm this time, the answer was no, even going so far as to remind me what I was "told" last time, that I'm "maxed out" and there was very little attempt at customer retention, just to up sell me to the higher price or a basic listening plan for $25 with only 20 channels and no Internet listening. I actually did more at home XM listening, hey its their loss.

Ah, you must have the wonderfully single-minded green screen radio. Yes, it played the first song on my phone every single time I plugged it in.
No I have the next to new MyLink XM Radio I think ( w/o nav, the Blue background) and noticed it did this. There is a random or shuffle feature on the Radio but in 3 years I've never messed around with the settings. Perhaps I need to investigate further as every time I cut the engine the USB stick starts over?

·
10,712 Posts
I hit a similar situation with them. After the $29 trial ended it's usually $44 and I call and they credit me back a few dollars making it $29 again. This time they charged $118 and I just cut it out completely. Next day I traded in and said if I change my mind on trim levels I may take the free trial and let it go afterwards. I had some channels were the same song was on all 3 at the same part of the song. I can't be 10 mins in the car and hear the same song 3 times on the same station. There is more than 10 songs out there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I call in every 6 months to cancel, and they always entice me to stay with the $60 for six months all access. If it weren't for Howard Stern, I wouldn't subscribe. That's the only channel I listen to unless I'm on a roadtrip.

·
10,712 Posts
I call in every 6 months to cancel, and they always entice me to stay with the $60 for six months all access. If it weren't for Howard Stern, I wouldn't subscribe. That's the only channel I listen to unless I'm on a roadtrip.
Try getting it lower than $40 and have them toss in travel link if you have MyLink

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
An interesting thing I read last night, XM is probably going to buy Pandora. That lifetime offer sounds enticing although I'm not sure I would live long enough for $399. Could have sworn others claim they did the lifetime thing for a little less. In any case I get Music Choice through my Cable, get unlimited music through YouTube, use Pandora and just found 200 hours worth of MARS FM, a local Techno station here in Los Angeles in the early 90s. XM is nothing special and not worth more than $30 every 6 months. Besides I didn't want them to bong the gong (get it on) while I was on the line! Good to see you back Tom
Still working on that project we were discussing.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still working on that project we were discussing.
Gosh its been a while since we've talked and I forgot what project that was? My XM is still active although I burned 4 new data discs and my USB stick actually started from the last point it was used about a year ago.
Ouch, I have been paying $32 for 6 months of All Access including Internet access for the last 2.5 years now?

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
When they first came out, I signed up for 3 yrs for @ $300. Granted this is back in the 90s so it was a lot of money back then and I had a removable receiver if anyone remembers them(you plug into the back of your stereo and use a special FM band to broadcast and there was separate Sirius and XM. They sent me a renewal that cost more than I could imagine so I decided to look online and found the lifetime that Tomko was talking about and bought that, They no longer carry it so... But I have a lifetime subscription for less than they wanted a renewal for so I jumped on it and no more bills etc. Just have to transfer when I change cars!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my 2016 Cruze in November and they told me there was a 5 year trial of SXM included, which is pretty crazy! I mean, that's almost the full term of my financing! Though it only shows a "Complimentary 2-year trial" on the Sirius account page so I'm guessing it's really only 2. Personally, I declined the representatives offer to enter my card information for a small extension, because with my monthly Spotify subscription I find myself listening to SXM very rarely. I do enjoy the Comedy Central radio but only because it's free. xD

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I just got a hard copy mail offer for 6 months for $30. It looks like you can sign up from the internet website that they provide for the promotion.

I'm not sure if these are unique offers to each account, or if the website is for the general promotion. Sometimes I use these when I'm going to road trip, but I'm not using this one.

If someone wants to use it, PM me for details.

This is an offer to turn on a non active radio..

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can't get XM to go away, still working at home and in the car. They told me I need to pay $5, gave me a reference # for the cancellation, modified the amount due page and kept it working. Glad I had them delete my CC info~

·
Registered
165 Posts
GM really needs to kick this crap to the curb. Bad reception, bad customer service i.e. auto billing w/o notice. Overseas outsourcing as far as the company service goes. We really deserve more when paying for entertainment media. America is accepting a house payment for entertainment. Oh, you think I'm joking? Add what you pay for cable, phone and internet. Now Chevy adds 4G to its cars as others do. This is also more entertainment costs. Data has become the line in the sand we have to make. America it is a shady road we walk to feel connected to the world. I'm a union worker, if we want results we strike. America, set down your phones and strike! We have the power to make a difference. Sorry so bitter, had same outcome as OP. Peace out!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts