Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
That's Nice ! Can ya send some warmer air up here ? thanks .............

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Did you pick up a catback yet or are you gonna be running it on the stock exhaust?

·
Premium Member
995 Posts

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
I saw a video on youtube with straight pipe and it sounded great! But alot of people say they switch and add a res or catback mid because of rasp or pop. It scares me away lol. You should make a video for me!
The pop is nice to me actually has that srt4 sound to it, I had full catless with no muffler or resanator before and I had a horrible rasp issue. I switched over to the BNR downpipe stock midpipe for now and the 2.5" straight pipe and have 0 rasp issues now so I'm thinking of running the zzp mid with highflow cat and seeing what it sounds like, and then adding a rasanator from there the popping typically comes from no muffler tho.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just put my midpipe and downpipe on yesterday and I was thinking about doing an muffler delete and leaving the stock res on. What do you guys think? Ive never heard that combo before.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
I just put my midpipe and downpipe on yesterday and I was thinking about doing an muffler delete and leaving the stock res on. What do you guys think? Ive never heard that combo before.
Just my opinion but the stock exhaust had to many bends for me to consider that setup, Might not be bad but not to sure on the sound as I haven't heard that setup either.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just my opinion but the stock exhaust had to many bends for me to consider that setup, Might not be bad but not to sure on the sound as I haven't heard that setup either.
I'm going to do a res and muffler delete most likely anyways. I'm going to play with the setup a little bit first. I might find something I like for cheap on the way. Lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Having the two deleted isn't the best sounding IMO. I just got it done and its a lil too raspy for me. So I'll probably just put a shorter res on
Edit: Startup sound is sexy but once you get on it, sounds isn't that great

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Having the two deleted isn't the best sounding IMO. I just got it done and its a lil too raspy for me. So I'll probably just put a shorter res on
Yea, when i get my midpipe I'm throwing a res on there as well lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im not going to leave the two deleted. Like I said I'm going to try a few things. It does sound great tho huh? Wish I could have that sound with no rasp and pop. =/

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
You're going to post a video for us right slammed? Id like to hear it.
Yea, I gotta find a time to do it has been really cold here and I don't even want to go outside lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts