Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

One week ago today I did something I've wanted to do for over three years. I purchased a used 2014 1LT with 31,000 miles. I've been reading these boards for a long time, and have been thinking about a Cruze or Sonic. I'm very happy with my decision, especially after doing a VIN check. My car is in great condition, and the only recall that I've noticed on the Chevy site is the coolent leak thing. This is the first time I've ever owned a car with this few miles, is there anything I can do to ensure she stays in tip top condition?

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Hello everyone!

One week ago today I did something I've wanted to do for over three years. I purchased a used 2014 1LT with 31,000 miles. I've been reading these boards for a long time, and have been thinking about a Cruze or Sonic. I'm very happy with my decision, especially after doing a VIN check. My car is in great condition, and the only recall that I've noticed on the Chevy site is the coolent leak thing. This is the first time I've ever owned a car with this few miles, is there anything I can do to ensure she stays in tip top condition?
Welcome and congratulations! Depending on what day your Car was made there can be other recalls as well. You can enter your Vin# and check here!
https://recalls.gm.com/

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Welcome :)

Best thing you can do it keep up with the regular maintenance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info! I just noticed fluid marks on my driveway this morning. :angry: I"m going to drive over to my closest dealer and see if there is anything they can do for me. I'll also try and schedule the appointment to get the coolent recall thing done.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Ha, it helps to develop a tender touch with a woman, and treat your Cruze the same way. Only feed your Cruze with ethanol free gas and use dexos oil.
IF you are lucky enough to live in a place that you can actually buy ethanol free gas. I'm not unfortunately. There are additives that at least claim to mitigate the corrosive damage Ethanol causes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, I took my car to a great dealership to get the coolent recall taken care of. They found a massive oil leak from a broken plastic seal, and they said I needed a new water pump. I believe this will all be taken care of under warrenty, as my car only has 31,000 miles on it. I've got to say, I'm pretty bummed out. I've only had the car for 8 days!! On a lighter note, they gave me a 2015 Malibu with 223 miles as a loaner car! :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
So, I took my car to a great dealership to get the coolent recall taken care of. They found a massive oil leak from a broken plastic seal, and they said I needed a new water pump. I believe this will all be taken care of under warrenty, as my car only has 31,000 miles on it. I've got to say, I'm pretty bummed out. I've only had the car for 8 days!! On a lighter note, they gave me a 2015 Malibu with 223 miles as a loaner car! :)
Bummer about having issues right off the hop, glad to hear they are getting taken care of.
Nice loaner too!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello Geoffery,

Very sorry that you seem to be going through this at this time! If you have any questions regarding this, I would be happy to look into this further on your behalf. Feel free to send me a private message along with your VIN, contact information and your preferred dealership. Looking forward to your updates!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
IF you are lucky enough to live in a place that you can actually buy ethanol free gas. I'm not unfortunately. There are additives that at least claim to mitigate the corrosive damage Ethanol causes.
Yeah, I live in CO best gas we've got here is shell IMO =/

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Is it the turbo model? Drive it like a rental car :D lol

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Hello everyone!
I'm very happy with my decision, especially after doing a VIN check. My car is in great condition,
VIN checks, lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's exactly what I'm thinking now, boraz. I made a BIG mistake buying this car from a used car dealership that also has a large Chevy dealership down the street. The salesman assured me that they had done a "125 point check" and that it was "certified". It appears that was total BS. Thank God for the warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi everyone. The dealership where I bought the car is willing to switch out my car with something else. I found a white 2012 1LT with about 20,000 more miles on it. It has a clean carfax(like the one I currently have) I got mine back today and the other dealer I took it to for the recal work replaced the cracked valve cover as well as the water pump. The technician showed me his concern. The firewall had been pounded out, and there were several broken clips. He said it should be fine for awhile, but he was concerned about problems down the road. Because of what they found out, the warranty would be voided. I think I might go with the 2012 with no bumper to bumper....

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
It sounds like you need to speak with a lawyer unless they are willing to swap out your 2014 for the 2012 plus reimburse you the cash difference between the two. Something definitely smells fishy from the dealership you purchased the car from.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
It sounds like you need to speak with a lawyer unless they are willing to swap out your 2014 for the 2012 plus reimburse you the cash difference between the two. Something definitely smells fishy from the dealership you purchased the car from.
Agreed

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
611 Posts
That escalated quickly.

Reactions: BowtieGuy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you all for reading and offering your advice on this crazy situation. I decided to go with the 2012. They swapped the cars and gave me the difference. They also agreed to pay the DMV charges and detail the car for a year. All of this is in writing. The general manager worked very well with me, and seemed genuinely upset about this. All in all, I ended up with the same car(with more miles) for less money.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts