Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the base model radio and the sound was kind of thin. I found some other threads about subwoofers and decided to try the 50w Bazooka because it was cheap and easy to install since it has a built-in amp. Amazon had it for only $130 with free shipping.

I got it in the car this week after a little setback with the wiring. At first I couldn't find the right wires down by the kick panel near the hood release. It turned out I was in the wrong wire bundle. The correct wires are right at the big connector.

The Bazooka works great. It's not going to rattle the neighborhood - it just adds some bottom to the sound to fill it out. Mine's in the trunk and I was worried that the sound wouldn't get through to the cabin because it has to get through the rear seat back but it works excellent. I even reactivated my XM subscription now that I can enjoy the music.

This is a very worthwhile project, especially at $130.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I might go this route for various reasons. I have a 12 right now and thought of selling the system and getting a bazooka. Did you mount it to the trunk floor or is it just sitting there?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has 2 mounting bases and I screwed them into the fiberboard panel that covers the spare tire. The bases have straps that loop over the Bazooka tube. It would be very easy to take it out temporarily if you needed the full trunk to carry something.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I never used a bazooka basstube, but another option is an Infinity basslink. I had one in my nissan and i loved it. I'm thinking of picking up another one for the cruze since I miss the bass in my music. Like you guys were saying you won't win any contests BUT I'm not after that I just need that natural bass to make the music sound much more natural and better.

I have a power acoustik Mofo 10. I never installed it ever but that this is a beast. It weighs like 30lbs(sub only) I didn't want to buy an amp for it so it's been sitting in the corner.. I've been trying to sell it on craigslist but no serious people yet.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Considered the Basslink, but when looking at reviews online they seemed to have a propensity to crap out after a year. Hopefully yours lasts longer than that! :)
i ran mine for 3 and a half years no problems at all. I meant to take it out of my car before i traded it in but i forgot.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have a Kenwood 12 in my car but it's need adjusting. I had the exact same 'system' in my Celica and it hit a lot harder than it does in my Cruze.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I have a Kenwood 12 in my car but it's need adjusting. I had the exact same 'system' in my Celica and it hit a lot harder than it does in my Cruze.
Celica was a hatch so it would hit harder. Could be be because of the actual radio in the car. The pioneer I had in my nissan I had a bunch of control of the eq. Not too much in the cruze I did adjust the levels.
Btw are you from cbus Ohio?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yea I've had 2 hatchbacks with the same sub in both so maybe that's the reason. My sub sounds good o some songs and then on others not so much. Yea I am in north Columbus near Polaris.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
lol yeah for some reason hatches sound much better with subs. I'm not too far from columbus I have a couple friends that live down that way. One in Marysville the others somewhere in columbus lol

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
lol yeah for some reason hatches sound much better with subs. I'm not too far from columbus I have a couple friends that live down that way. One in Marysville the others somewhere in columbus lol
I also had kenwood 12s in my celica and they got duller in the Cruze mostly because of the hatch, of course, but also because of the factory sound deadening in the Cruze. Try opening your back seats, lol...

·
Super Moderator
5,174 Posts
So are you guys replacing the head unit or just the rear speakers? What needs to be changed to make the stereo almost acceptable? I have always been "leary" about changing the head in my GMs since I was always told various things would not work electronically any more or was I sold a line of "crap". Where do you buy stereo electronics anymore. Best buy is the only place I know other than Crutchfield. Help?

·
Registered
119 Posts
So are you guys replacing the head unit or just the rear speakers? What needs to be changed to make the stereo almost acceptable? I have always been "leary" about changing the head in my GMs since I was always told various things would not work electronically any more or was I sold a line of "crap". Where do you buy stereo electronics anymore. Best buy is the only place I know other than Crutchfield. Help?
Neither. Just adding a 100w, 6" Bazooka subwoofer in the trunk. Got mine from Amazon. It definitely makes the stereo sound a LOT better. The stock unit has absolutely no bass whatsoever, the Bazooka makes it sound reasonably good and even the 6" unit provides plenty of bass. Not gonna win any boom car competitions but it does fill in the low end pretty well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 3 JL audio 12" subs in a box with a 700 watt amp that I want to install. I went to a place to have it done and they said that I needed to have an extra electronic peiece installed to balance out the sound cause I couldnt change the head unit. any ideas on how to install it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.