Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about this car. Bought it used with 33,000 miles, had nothing but problem after problem. Overheated on the highway, clue that something was going wrong, couldn't get any heat from the vents. Car eventually spiked temperature, I pulled over, no coolant. 2 kids in backseat Interstate 495 with 20 mins to get to Jumping Ninja Warrior Trampoline Land(Needless to say, I had to solve this on the spot) Luckily I had a couple bottles of water that saved the day.
Took it in and was told I needed to replace the water outlet as it was leaking, not sure how they confirmed that was the issue as my understanding in order to find a drip there should be some coolant in the car and it was pretty bone dry by the time I took it in the week( I let it sit for a week, making time to make the 500 yard trip to the Dealership). They want $400 for a $22 part, so I don't plan on taking it back. Bought a bottle of Coolant, tightened the hoses and have been trying to find the leak. 100 miles later nothing... Coolant still at the same level and no puddles of coolant to be found....

IS THIS NORMAL??

frustrated cruz owner

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Normal for a leak to go away? No. But the water outlet (a plastic part) does have a history of cracking. It may fail catastrophically. Note that having your engine overheat can warp the heads and lead to a major repair bill. Treat the overheat light like you would a oil pressure light - take action immediately and avoid having to limp anywhere. Warranties do not cover engine damage due to running in a overheat condition. GM doesn't care how much the kids begs.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I read all about it just want to confirm that is where it is coming from. As of now I cannot determine.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
It would be nice if someone made a metal aftermarket replacement for the coolant outlet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts