Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
Hi there,

Yes, I managed to drive the car to the US, CBP agents had no issue with that. The problem came when I tried to register the car in Texas, but I managed to do it. PM if you want, maybe I can help you.
Come on now, share with us on how you skirted Federal and State law, we are not going to turn you in

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has there been anyone that has made the mods to their vehicle? I'm looking to import a 2014 Cruze and GM has said that my best bet is to go through an importer. HELP!

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
One other question - are you a Canadian Citizen? If so, the laws may be different for you when it comes to registering a Canadian delivered car vs. if you are a US Citizen. I remember during the 70s my parents had to order my mom's car with US Specifications while we were in Germany. That way she could bring the car back to the US.

Also, I moved this thread to Ask GM.
My dad had the same issue. Germany to America. Had to install a cat and whatever else it needed. To ship it to America.

I beleive that was 78.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I managed to import my Cruze from Canada to Dallas, Texas by getting it imported at the local CBP office here in Dallas. Before that, I spent hours and hours with GM and different importers that kept telling me it could not be done.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts