Registered
13 Posts
Confused!
No mention of RDS and TMC?
No internal DVD player?
How about built in DVB-T?
Languages supported (danish)?
Maps included (europe)?

Could You pls provide more detailed specs?

Not that much new in the download new link - I don't see confirmation on some of the questions you have answered in the other thread (DVD or not, TMC and probably other issues as well)

·
Banned
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not that much new in the download new link - I don't see confirmation on some of the questions you have answered in the other thread (DVD or not, TMC and probably other issues as well)
DVD Playback : Yes (Does allow Playback while driving) DVD Player is external and needs to be put near the glovebox as per your convinience.
What do you exactly mean by TMC? (We might have a different short form for the same term) Please list the issues here and I will reply to all of them

·
Registered
13 Posts
You have two options:
bigger screen than the one avaliable in the ECO model, along with an additional DVD player to be mounted in the glove box.
Advantages : You can still play from your 6 cd changer as well as the DVD player
Drawbacks: Additional space occupied for storing the DVD player

Or an entire unit from the Screen all the way till the CD player section. (The DVD player replaces your existing CD player).

Advantages: No additional space req.
Drawbacks: You lose a 6 CD changer and get only one DVD player.

I prefer built-in DVD

Regarding RDS and TMC - I don't see there are so much to question:
Radio Data System
Traffic Message Control

Offcourse TMC should be integrated with the nav system for dynamic route updates

·
Banned
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You have two options:
bigger screen than the one avaliable in the ECO model, along with an additional DVD player to be mounted in the glove box.
Advantages : You can still play from your 6 cd changer as well as the DVD player
Drawbacks: Additional space occupied for storing the DVD player

Or an entire unit from the Screen all the way till the CD player section. (The DVD player replaces your existing CD player).

Advantages: No additional space req.
Drawbacks: You lose a 6 CD changer and get only one DVD player.

I prefer built-in DVD

Regarding RDS and TMC - I don't see there are so much to question:
Radio Data System
Traffic Message Control

Offcourse TMC should be integrated with the nav system for dynamic route updates
As per my knowledge, TMC May NOT be included, however, I will confirm this with my engineer and inform you tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is difficult to see how You can compete with (other) chinese after market models. My search is for a TMC model - but without TMC there is a lot to choose from. With DVD, BT music and built-in DVB-T - and WinCE 6.0 and faster processor - but with a questionable CAN-BUS integration You have various choices at around usd 500.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.