Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as the weather is getting warmer now. I decided to turn the A/C on for the first time this year only to find that I had no A/C. Not only was the air not cold but it didn't even seem like the compressor was even working. So, in it goes for service tomorrow.

I figure while i'm in there I might as well have them take another look at the VSS (Vehicle speed sensor) and try and find a reason why my car smells of burning coolant when the car is at operating temp.

SIGH

·
Registered
20 Posts
i totally forgot to check the A/C on my test drive.. has anyone else had any problems with the A/C or noticed that it is weak?

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, the dealer is replacing the whole speedo console and are ordering a new heater core to take care of the smell. Hopefully that works. As for the A/C...would you believe over the course of the winter the injen Cai that I have installed rubbed a small enough hole through the freon line to run it completely dry. Everyone who has one, check to make sure you have good spacing and maybe put something to shield it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
So, the dealer is replacing the whole speedo console and are ordering a new heater core to take care of the smell. Hopefully that works. As for the A/C...would you believe over the course of the winter the injen Cai that I have installed rubbed a small enough hole through the freon line to run it completely dry. Everyone who has one, check to make sure you have good spacing and maybe put something to shield it.
Wow.................that is amazing! Props for sharing that info with those that have the injen CAI.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts

Oh wow.. that is incredible. Add that to the reasons not many like the Injen intake.. lol. Now did you catch this or did the dealer find that out. For the sake of your warranty, I hope you did.. haha.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sadly the dealer saw it first. So, $500 to replace the line and refill the freon.

·
Registered
904 Posts
A cautionary note for anyone who chooses to do any mod. There can be unattended consequences. It pays to go back and check the modification over for problems.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A cautionary note for anyone who chooses to do any mod. There can be unattended consequences. It pays to go back and check the modification over for problems.
Exactly! And I always do! However, i've been so busy with home renovation stuff since the fall and with the winter months I just hadn't gotten around to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts