Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a post a few weeks back about some electrical issues I was having, and now they are back. They first resurfaced a day after getting it out of the shop and now they are back permanently. I've replace the battery cables and the ecm, I also replaced a connector which looked bad. The most notable thing about this issue is when I first start my car it has a serious delay on how fast it starts. I've been to 2 different service departments with a total investment of about 1500 bucks on this same issue. Whenever it does this odb won't read codes it just says there is no link, is it possible the bcm is bad? Is the delay between the ignition and other modules reading the wrong voltage? Idk I'm seriously lost on this issue. Sorry for any errors in grammer, I'm on my mobile.

Info:

2011 cruze
84000 miles

Replacements thus far:
2 water pumps
2 pcv valve covers
1 maf sensor
Both drivers side and passenger window motors.
1 coil pack replacement

3 battery's the stock one actually blew up.

All but 1 of these I've had to pay for out of my pocket, I can't take to many more blows to the wallet. What a nightmare.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Whenever it does this odb won't read codes it just says there is no link, is it possible the bcm is bad?
It's possible, but just as likely (if not more so) that something else is either jamming the bus or creating a problem that prevents the BCM from responding.

The only common issue that could cause this is the negative battery cable. But it sounds like you've replaced that already. (Just hope it wasn't for another defective one.)

You have gone though a number of batteries for some reason. I wonder if this is just another failure mode.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no idea to be honest, as I sit here j the vehicle right now the door locks keep tripping, popping up and down. All of these symptoms point to battery cable issues like everyone else has had in the past. The only replaced the 1 and not all 3, and to me there was no visable difference between the 2. Other than the one I replaced was badly corroded.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
the door locks keep tripping, popping up and down.
Uh, that's strange. Stilll points to:

• Something messing with the buss
  • The BCM is flaky
  • Bad power

The only replaced the 1 and not all 3, and to me there was no visable difference between the 2. Other than the one I replaced was badly corroded.
The common problem with the battery cable was a bad crimp job. Cable looks fine, but has excessive voltage drop. You can measure the voltage from the battery terminal itself to the ground point. If more than 0.01V, replace.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That battery acid got on that connector that was replaced, everything else was inspected by the service department and they said that it was the only thing affected.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$600 bucks later and the problem seems solved. While at work last night I go to the maintenance department and re-crimp my old battery cable and clean it up nice so it'll sparkle like that one gay vampire dude, I also checked the voltage from the one that was put on as a replacement fix and it didn't give me a readout at all, however testing the battery it had solid voltage. So after replacing the replacement cable with my old but newly crimped one all my problems seem to have gone away..that's right folks...it was the battery cable. The fact that the service department let this issue get so out of hand is as to start replacing modules is beyond me, I recently purchased my first home, that would have been nice to have put that money towards that instead of a $40 battery cable that didn't work to begin with. I appreciate the crap out of you guys helping me with this issue as you all have. On my first day off work I'm going to install tooth washers on all my grounds to even further prevent this issue from happening again. Not sure if you guys would get pissed at me calling out these 2 service departments here in the KY area, but they deserve it, I think they knew all along, just needed the extra cash.

·
Administrator
25,604 Posts
You really, really need to find a different dealership. Your's isn't worth the ground it's built on.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The dealer failed you. You should look into a refund.

Reactions: obermd

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd never be able to get a refund out of those guys, though it would be nice. I went too two different dealerships and they both overlooked this simple fix. As noted my pcv valve had also been replaced, they didn't do it correctly either and now it has a small leak, I took that to that also and they refused to correct that issue as well. Wish I knew where to find a more reputable dealership in my area.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,002 Posts
I'd never be able to get a refund out of those guys, though it would be nice. I went too two different dealerships and they both overlooked this simple fix. As noted my pcv valve had also been replaced, they didn't do it correctly either and now it has a small leak, I took that to that also and they refused to correct that issue as well. Wish I knew where to find a more reputable dealership in my area.
Contact Chevy Customer Care on the forum and ask for Patsy G and sic her on the dealership. If that goes nowhere, call the BBB or a local news "troubleshooter" if you have one in your area.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could someone possibly help me get a diagram of all the ground connections on this vehicle? I would love to go through and clean each one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts