Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I refueled today with 1500 miles on the car. I've been using the calcualtor to determine MPG and was very pleased to record 38.11 mpg for 280 miles, all of which were in town. I haven't been particularly trying for super MPGs, and have been dipping into the accelerator more this tank than previously since it has more break-in miles. I am really enjoying the power this little 4 banger offers. I've had V6s that didn't feel as peppy as this diesel. Incidentally the 38.11 was very close to the indicated MPG on the trip meter which read 37.9.

A very nice waitress at our favorite eating establishment has a new Dodge Dart...a great looking car. I complimented her choice in cars because of it's appearance. She said she had just finished a road trip and averaged 35.5 mpg, I didn't have the heart to tell her how much better the Cruze was on fuel.

The more I Cruze, the better I like it.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
My ECO MT gets high 30s in the city as well. GM really, really needs to move some of their fuel efficiency technology across all their cars, and do this quickly.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
In traffic, about 3 miles to and from work all week, I have seen it dip as low as 17.5 for the 25 mile loop. This includes flooring it at almost every stoplight :)

·
10,712 Posts
In traffic, about 3 miles to and from work all week, I have seen it dip as low as 17.5 for the 25 mile loop. This includes flooring it at almost every stoplight :)
LOL you managed to break my lowest gas mpg record. As long as my lifetime MPG doesn't take a hit, I am fine.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
LOL you managed to break my lowest gas mpg record. As long as my lifetime MPG doesn't take a hit, I am fine.
Yeah, I feel the same way. In fact, my overall average keeps going up. I'm up to 43 now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
our avg is 47 thats mixed driving. my wife drives over a 100 miles day for work.
we havent taken it on a trip yet to see that the mileage will be but we are curious
hopefully it will be in the 50+ range

·
Registered
79 Posts
LOL!! is this was golf you would win!
im jealous though not the mpgs but of the Vette.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had to laugh out loud on this comment. I'm sure I could have more fun with the Cruze if I didn't try hard to get the best fuel mileage. I am anxious to find the first person who thinks they're going to out accelerate the Cruze...no, no speeding, just exhilerating acceleration...lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts