Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been discussed on here or not. This is something I learned from the Camaro forum. It seems to work on the GM trucks as well.

If you turn off traction control and then press the button again and hold it down it turns off stabilitrac. Once these are turned off it seems that torque management is not as severe and there is more power to the wheels. As is stated in the Camaro world, it turns off all the power robbing nannies. :)

Now on my Camaro if I do this there is a huge difference, but then we are talking 425hp compared to our Cruze. I tried it on my diesel Cruze and it seems to have some more power. Have not tried it on our 2012 Cruze with the 1.4.

Maybe someone else can try it and give some feedback.

Again, I didn't see it posted on here and it has been sorry for the double post.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I hold the button to shut off all the traction stuff so I can power brake my car. Gets rid of the hesitation the car has in the throttle when you stomp on the pedal to take off too.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I've noticed using the boost vacuum gauge on the torque app. The car is usually in vacuum mode. The turbo don't work unless there's some sort of power demand. Like climbing a grade. Basically it's just sitting there stationery under normal driving conditions.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I always turn it off but never really noticed a diff...maybe because Im tuned?
Generally tuning involves dialing back TM on the engine and trans (auto) so that would be why.

I would think this gain would only be seen on the auto cars?

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Will test out since I have stick. Would assume there would be benefit on manual as well due to the components its turning off are the same.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Learned this a couple years ago after watching a youtube vlog where the guy was talking about his Cadillacs magnetic ride control shocks busting open and kept mentioning GM cars, and then it clicked that I too have a GM car! Since Jeremy Clarkson alway bitches about traction control...and disabling safety features is never a bad idea, it's become a habit to turn it off with the DRLs.

I was actually going to ask in the stupid question thread how to remove the time delay and make it a real one push button, but people get very offended when you ask how to disable safety features!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Turning off Stabilitrak and Traction Control is turning off a nanny in my opinion. They're useful for the vast majority of drivers and in a few situations but for those of us who want the control they can get in the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts