Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
I am Ikram Rao new member in this forum I need a help from you guys, recently I purchased used 2013 Cruze LT after 2 weeks of purchased I found Error Code 89 & 35
so I googled both code & found 35 answer same every where but not 89, some one told me you need to change a engine oil & I have changed but still I am receiving error code 89
please suggest me what should I exactly do to off this error code 89
see attached picture for the error code 89

2016-03-14_02.36.02.jpg 20160327_190537.jpg

Thank You

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
When you scroll through the available information on the screen, what information is provided?......or, tell me what country the car is in/from.

The 89 code is not used in the U.S. but it is the 'Change Oil' code and must be reset when the service takes place......the car does not actually know you changed the oil.

Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you scroll through the available information on the screen, what information is provided?......or, tell me what country the car is in/from.

The 89 code is not used in the U.S. but it is the 'Change Oil' code and must be reset when the service takes place......the car does not actually know you changed the oil.

Rob

Hi Rob Thank You FYR
I am from Saudi Arabia and its Korean made car & I found

Error Code 35
(Replace battery in radio remote control) on may web site
http://www.cruzeblog.com/cruze-error-code/

Error Code 89
Forum Chevrolet :: Zobacz temat - CODE 89 w Cruze??
(Service Vehicle Soon) here

Error Code 89
problema tracker code 89
(Thermostat Failure) here

Error Code 89CRUZE-FORUM.DE • Thema anzeigen - Hilfe Code 89 !!!
(Oil Pressuer Senser or Oil Pump Failure) here

this can be a solution but i am still confuse

This You tube video explain how to resolve 89 code issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2rzFc7qMqQ

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Well, that is confusing information.....oil pumps to thermostats.

Evidently, the code system being utilized is far different than what I've seen and, with that in mind, I would recommend a dealer that could accurately diagnose the cause before just replacing parts.

Good luck!

Rob

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
If you have changed the oil and reset the oil life monitor I'd say the code 89 is pointing at the thermostat, which is a known weak point on the US 1.8L Cruze. If you changed the oil and didn't reset the oil life monitor reset it now and see what happens. The only impact of resetting this monitor is you have to remember to get the oil changed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but I do not have Oil monitor in my DIS so how I will reset it...:question:
please share if you know

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Robby & Obermd
Please review attached picture, I capture this from dealer showroom
do you guys think an Error Code 89 I am receiving because my car is around 88,250 KM and its near 90,000 KM & I have to replace all this things...!

- Engine Oil & Filter
- Passenger Compartment Air Filter
- Break Fluid

20160308_111410.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Hello Robby & Obermd
Please review attached picture, I capture this from dealer showroom
do you guys think an Error Code 89 I am receiving because my car is around 88,250 KM and its near 90,000 KM & I have to replace all this things...!

- Engine Oil & Filter
- Passenger Compartment Air Filter
- Break Fluid

View attachment 186969

No, not related to your concern.

Rob

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
I agree with Robby - not related.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i live in Greece a have the Aveo ltz diesel i have the same problem with code 89 coming on.They have changed the fuel filter in vain.Now it is in service for econd time i will inform you again.Nick

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
I have a chevrolet cruse we have this problem today but we solve this by the changing accumulator
What is the "accumulator"? To me this is something that measures and records some piece of information. The only item like this I know of in the gas Cruze is the Oil Life Monitor, which needs to be manually reset each time you change the oil.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is shinto chandran (+971558310104) i am also getting same msg code 89 in cruze 2013 model. last day my car was shutdown while driving and it was a horrible experience for me and escaped from an accident. Service personal still searching for the reason. i have informed them that i will take the vehicle from service centre only if company give me a written guarantee letter that this will not happen any more while driving. i am still waiting to get my car and company letter. Symptoms : 1. service message with code 89 (Battery sign) 2. temperature meter Gage showing uneven levels, 3. FM or audio will stop suddenly, 4. Electrical display will shutdown while driving 5. engine shutdown while driving. Only God can help us to solve this issue. Chevrolet cruze company still searching for solution. i got 3 engine shutdown incidents with this cruze 2013. first i have paid 1800 AED. after that 3 days before 2000 AED and now again vehicle in service station (Liberty Service station, Mussafah Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates). without solving this manufacturing defects i cannot sell this vehicle. i will wait few more days and after that i will start a campaign against this GM and this particular model (Cruze). company still hiding lots of manufacturing defects and we are suffering.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All
I am Ikram Rao new member in this forum I need a help from you guys, recently I purchased used 2013 Cruze LT after 2 weeks of purchased I found Error Code 89 & 35
so I googled both code & found 35 answer same every where but not 89, some one told me you need to change a engine oil & I have changed but still I am receiving error code 89
please suggest me what should I exactly do to off this error code 89
see attached picture for the error code 89

View attachment 186818 View attachment 186826

Thank You
Hi Ikram Rao,
The same issue was there with my Cruze LS 2013,
You check your Coolant level in radiator, mine was solved after refilling it.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,933 Posts
Hi Ikram Rao,
The same issue was there with my Cruze LS 2013,
You check your Coolant level in radiator, mine was solved after refilling it.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
Holden Cruze 1.8L 2012. 63k miles odometer (15-03-2020).
104 Posts
What is the complete name of this accumolater?
As i have the same issue with my chev cruze 2013 in saudi arabia
Not everyone here has english as mother language. The Cruze cannot tell you changed the oil! You have to reset the code 89 warning.

Try this first.

OR...unplug ONE battery terminal for 30 minutes. You will lose cd player/radio settings - minor problem.

Accumulator for car usually means battery. Get your 12v car battery checked using a battery checker tool. Accumulator can also mean a part for air-conditioning system.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts