Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i had a bunch of issues with my 2013 chevy cruze eco. The starter went out and had that not been under warranty i would have paid close to $1,300 for the privilege of a working car. Next, the infotainment system faded in and out. it would reboot every so often and now it does not work at all. I took it to the dealer who attempted to reprogram it. No joy. However, they offered to replace the radio for a mere $1,200.00. Here is a company that does not stand behind it's product. I have wasted my money for the last time with a GM product.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
The B2B warranty on your car was 36,000 miles or 36 months from first put into service, which appears to be pretty much the standard across manufacturers. The extended warranties only cover specific components such as drive train, EV batteries, corrosion, etc. The infotainment system is covered under the B2B warranty.

There may be another option however that is still covered for you. It's possible you have a bad negative battery cable, which is covered for 120,000 miles/120 months from initial service. Take a look at http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-g...al-coverage-14311-negative-battery-cable.html. One of the known symptoms of a bad cable is the infotainment system fading in and out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prompt reply. I called the 1-855-478-7767 infotainment help line and I shall await any shred of help they may offer. When they call back i will inquire about the negative battery cable.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Manufacturers cannot warranty their products forever. The 3 year / 36000 mile warranty on the infotainment system in your car is better than you get on your iPhone or Samsung phone. If your 4 year old iPhone died, would you say that you would never buy another Apple product? Probably not, you would most likely just go get a new iPhone. Most people don't even keep phones for 4 years.

Starters sometimes fail, and they replaced it for free. Sounds like a positive experience to me.

Based on your description, it sounds like it could be the negative battery cable, and GM has a longer warranty on those. If it's not, you can get a new radio cheap on eBay. There are a lot of threads on this forum that show how to replace the radio. It's not hard.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply. I called the 1-855-478-7767 infotainment help line and I shall await any shred of help they may offer. When they call back i will inquire about the negative battery cable.
They won't know a **** thing about the negative battery cable warranty. Call your local Chevy dealer and ask them to schedule a Negative Battery cable swap out based on the link I gave you and the fact that your infotainment system is going in and out. The Infotainment System failures was the number one complaint leading to the battery cable warranty extension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts