Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
The B2B warranty on your car was 36,000 miles or 36 months from first put into service, which appears to be pretty much the standard across manufacturers. The extended warranties only cover specific components such as drive train, EV batteries, corrosion, etc. The infotainment system is covered under the B2B warranty.

There may be another option however that is still covered for you. It's possible you have a bad negative battery cable, which is covered for 120,000 miles/120 months from initial service. Take a look at http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-g...al-coverage-14311-negative-battery-cable.html. One of the known symptoms of a bad cable is the infotainment system fading in and out.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply. I called the 1-855-478-7767 infotainment help line and I shall await any shred of help they may offer. When they call back i will inquire about the negative battery cable.
They won't know a **** thing about the negative battery cable warranty. Call your local Chevy dealer and ask them to schedule a Negative Battery cable swap out based on the link I gave you and the fact that your infotainment system is going in and out. The Infotainment System failures was the number one complaint leading to the battery cable warranty extension.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts