Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am planning to upgrade my Chevrolet Cruze 2011's infotainment. Please suggest the best one for me.

centi.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I"m not sure you CAN upgrade radio's anymore. Without losing functionality to the car.

If you can, your options are probably limited and the cost won't be worth it.

I personally would like to have something better then what i got with my 17. I almost wish i would have gotten the highest package. Just for the 8in with nav.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Also consider the threads on installing a MyLink into models that only had the basic radio.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could see lot of after market infotainment kits which are specifically designed for Cruze. Specially the old ones (2010 to 2014). Cant we upgrade with this?
Please let me know...
Multimedia Electronics Technology Electronic device Gadget

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I"m not sure you CAN upgrade radio's anymore. Without losing functionality to the car.

If you can, your options are probably limited and the cost won't be worth it.

I personally would like to have something better then what i got with my 17. I almost wish i would have gotten the highest package. Just for the 8in with nav.

I could see lot of after market infotainment kits which are specifically designed for Cruze. Specially the old ones (2010 to 2014). Cant we upgrade with this?
Please let me know... Multimedia Electronics Technology Electronic device Gadget

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
ebay and alibaba have tons of android options. The issue is a lot of them are made for overseas cruzes and not US cruzes, so if you're a US cruze, do research on the item before you choose one.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
ebay and alibaba have tons of android options. The issue is a lot of them are made for overseas cruzes and not US cruzes, so if you're a US cruze, do research on the item before you choose one.
Bingo. The giveaway is listing a "2010" Cruze. No such animal in the US. 2011 was the first one.

It might work. Then again....

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Please let me know... View attachment 250777
You can probably put whatever you want in it. You just won't have the car functionality that comes with your current stock radio. Whatever settings you got. You won't have. The stock radio is also programmed for the VIN of the car. If it's taken out and installed in another vehicle. It won't work. Makes it worthless to steal. Install an aftermarket and you'll probably get robbed. Course, you've probably got a working car alarm.

I"m all for ditching the stock radio in my car. If the radio wasn't tied in to the car and i'd be losing my settings feature. Now, if it's possible to install radios and program them with the stock features. I don't know. And the cost probably wouldn't be worth it by the time all was said and done.

I don't know how cars are wired these days. But with my luck. I'd probably take the radio out and the car won't crank anymore. Leaving me drowning in a creek without paddles.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
One of the kits that was available a while back moved the stock radio display to the cubby on top of the dashboard and put the android tablet in where the stock radio display used to be. This way you get to keep the car's functions and the benefit of the upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts