Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Mapquest works with OnStar as well. For Google Maps, you need your OnStar User ID, but for Mapquest, you need your Account # and Zip Code.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I always have my Google Android phone with me so just use that for directions if needed. Why go thru the extra steps of sending it to the car?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I didnt know google maps could send to your car. for giggles I am going to send my commute home to the Cruze and check it out. My Garmin has traffic updates so it will be interesting to see if they choose the same route. The Onstar turn by turn does not do traffic, correct? The in car nav system does though, IIRC.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
The Onstar turn by turn does not do traffic, correct? The in car nav system does though, IIRC.
To my knowledge, that's correct. OnStar Turn-by-Turn does not do traffic, but the Nav system does. So, if there's heavy traffic, I doubt Turn-by-Turn would match your Garmin's (or Nav's) route.

Good luck and have fun with it!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've had my Cruze for about six weeks now and I look forward to driving it every day. At first I thought the seats a bit too hard, but as they have started to conform to my backside I wouldn't trade them for anything else! The car is quiet and the manual tranny makes the car fun to drive. As a matter of fact the car is so quiet, if I'm in heavy traffic I leave the radio off so I can hear the engine to properly change gears!

I enjoy looking at the upscale and neatly executed dash which I think is a better design than the Malibu (which I thought was out of sight once upon a time) and as good looking as my wife's Terrain.

Mine is the LS and I'm about to replace the stock steal rims with some LTZ lookalikes and when I'm done I'll post some picts of my mods.

Complaints about the car so far? None
I do think the dealership I bought the car from sucks. Isn't that a surprise.:mad:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well it's been a week and our impression are great. The handling,braking and of the course the interior are well beyond what I expected and read about..

First tank of gas equaled out to 24.7mpg roughly and that's with a 70/30 city/highway driving route..For comparison, our Saturn Aura w/the 3.6 averaged about 16.8mpg with the same 70/30 mix of driving. So yeah were happy with mpg at this point.

This car handles better than our Aura did in the snow and they both were outfitted with snow tires.

The transmission as of now at 300miles has yet to show any weird signs, but the wife hasn't complained. So that's a good sign.:D

The only two things that need to be addressed by the dealer is the usb port fails to pickup my wifes 8gb Zune & my son's 16gb Zune HD. Second is the 'RS' badge on the passenger door needs replacing as the red inlay from the top of the 'S' has disappeared. Again minor things & nothing to loss my interest in the car for sure..

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.