Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, over the past few weeks I had been smelling what I thought was deck stain in my garage. Inside the car didnt smell for a while but then started to smell diesel fuel, not exhaust inside the cab of the car. I pulled the motor cover and cleaned off the motor thinking there was a spill or if there was a leak somewhere, soaping the motor down and cleaning it would help identify where it was coming from. In my search with it running i could see seeping of fuel from one of the three blocks with 4 star bolts holding it down. I havent checked if I can tighten them down yet, but in research there do not seem to be gasket replacement kits or anything available for this. I also looked up the cost of replacing it aaaaaaaaaaand yea I dont want to have to go that route unless I have to. Has anyone else had an issue like this? Car currently has 113k miles on it and if I have to I will replace it but I want to check my options or see who else has run into this issue because there isnt much data out there for me to reference. Please give me some guidance guys!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I looked on Rockauto.com (usually the cheapest place) and it was over $1100 for the pump.

There is a NIB pump on ebay for $399. I think this is your cheapest option unless you can find one at a parts recycler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts