Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I live in Canada, so snow is going to be everywhere before you know it. I currently have my CAI, but I'm worrying about keeping it for the winter, should I go to SRI for the season? Should I completly remove it? Keep it?

Any suggestions and help with reasons would help.

I realised where the 1.8L CAI filter sits it's hidden from direct splashes of water (or slush), I drove it through pooring rain many times with trouble (had it about 5000km) so I'm thinking it might still be alright if I keep it for the winter.

Any help is greatly appreciated ^^

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
I would keep it as CAI and just drive carefully and not like a moron, i don't know just how much slush you get, but atleast in my case, i know floods are unavoidable here so i am switching to SRI.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I kept mine during mid summer (hottest period) SRI before actually taking the effort to remove my front bumper to install the CAI. Heat soaked it once stuck in traffic while it was 35°C outside.

I'll change it to SRI for winter then, first week-end day that it's nice out (at least for a half hour lol).

Thanks guys.

Also, my VSS is still acting up (once every week or two) random speed jump while stopped (to 40-50 kmh) and the dealer closest to me is still saying they have no idea what's wrong ¬_¬.

·
Administrator
15,761 Posts
Well I kept mine during mid summer (hottest period) SRI before actually taking the effort to remove my front bumper to install the CAI. Heat soaked it once stuck in traffic while it was 35°C outside.

I'll change it to SRI for winter then, first week-end day that it's nice out (at least for a half hour lol).

Thanks guys.

Also, my VSS is still acting up (once every week or two) random speed jump while stopped (to 40-50 kmh) and the dealer closest to me is still saying they have no idea what's wrong ¬_¬.
I've had that random speed jump happen a few times. It's very sporadic and only happens once a moth or every other month. Might happen more often without me noticing. I can't say it affects anything though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts