Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got from idparts Coolant Heater (Cruze Gen1)

it replaces the 'lower coolant hose' which is actually up higher than the upper coolant hose ???

you COULD buy a hose and heater and two clamps separately and save $$ if you wish.

pretty simple

unscrew the airfilter lid, loosen off clamp where bellows meets turbo, move that outta the way

go under the car, undo the petcock right side of car, drain coolant (gotta remove front splash shield)

upper hose clamp is squeeze type, used 90 degree vise grips for that, hose was STUCK to the pipe, i sliced the hose and got pried it off

lower connection is that plastic fitting with that wire lock piece, first experience, was nervous trying to remove the plastic end from the rad

but internet told to be patient and pull and wiggle

installation - get the lower connection in, then the upper

reverse the process and youre done

lets see if the car will start in -40 now.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i just have the cord laying in behind the headlights, pull it out when i need it

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I'll enjoy hearing the outcome of this. 400 watts into the coolant, if the heat circulates into the block and/or head, should make it start right up as long as fuel isn't globbed up like rubber cement.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe this isn't the place for jokes but something about a coolant heater has really got me right now 🤣😭

BTW idk anything about cars but I'm learning, going to research coolant heater right now.
my brain immediately just thinks of the engine itself; if the coolant is cooling the engine, then naturally the engine heats your coolant 😎

Edit (after 30 second google): ah so yall are running the diesel cruze? This explains why I have not learned about coolant heaters yet 😆 that and the fact that I live in regular 100 degree weather

1 - 4 of 4 Posts