Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,
First off please understand that we are running a hotter tune than the Trifecta Performance production tune. Also, this dyno was done on a in-floor Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer(numbers on these dyno's are between the Mustang and DynoJet) that was setup for rear wheel drive vehicles, so the Cruze was facing a wall with no fan, all runs in 4th gear. Also, once they started, we were not allowed to be back there, so we have no video like planned, just a basic print out of numbers, it was free, so I cannot complain.

Here it goes:

First Run in "ECO" mode
HP: 110.1
TQ: 141.4
No Clutch Slippage was present

Second Run in "Sport Mode"
HP: 162.3
TQ: 185.6
Slight Clutch slippage was present due to the new tune

Third Run in "Sport Mode"
HP: 145.5
TQ: 193.3
Lots of Clutch slippage as soon as they hit 4K RPM, it was already heated from the 2 runs prior.

Please understand that the clutch issues are due to a hotter tune, this tune is not a production tune. We will be getting a new clutch in it asap, we are now inline to have a custom turbo back exhaust built, which once done, we will be offering, we will have full dyno results after the changes. One cool thing is the car hit 133 mph on the dyno in 4th gear and still was making great power on the 2nd run, the third run did not do as well. AFR was spot on all the way, hats off to Vince at Trifecta.

Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet

Thanks Guys,
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Nice numbers! Thanks Steve!

·
Registered
66 Posts
heh nice! yeah id say mine "feels" like it makes similar torque! it will be a couple weeks before i can too confirm. Mine also hit that 133 mph range too at the top of 4th gear shutting the run down at 6300. I gotta say those 4th gear pulls make my ass pucker as it takes FOREVER to complete the pull with something that doesnt make alot of power hahah.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...sounds like a lucrative aftermarket opportunity for "beefier" CLUTCH plate/assemblies for Cruzes!

·
Registered
119 Posts
They gave me one with the AFR on the eco tune that shows HP too, they also gave me a printout of the other numbers, I will load it up later
OK, its later, now where are those promised results? We demand answers!!! *poke*

·
Registered
250 Posts
The clutch slippage is due in part because of the tune. However, be wary about changing the clutch out as it will void your powertrain warranty. Travis is voided now.

The clutch on your car wouldve probably gone out sooner or later even if you hadnt applied the tune.

·
Supporting Vendor
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a buddy that works at a GM dealership as a tech, I just asked him about changing out the clutch, first, it will not void your pwertrain warranty, only the 12 month 12,000 mile warranty on the stock clutch.
Second, GM knows there is a problem with the clutches, they are keeping it hush hush, he has changed about 10 of them already, he said the new cruzes and sonics are coming with a completely different clutch, the one they are using under warranty repairs. So, hopefully we see a recall or TSB soon.
Later,
Steve

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am well aware that GM knows about the clutch issues. I know about them. More so than your friend knows I can guarantee it.

I am also aware that GM WILL void your powertrain warranty if you go around them and put in an aftermarket clutch. As I said before, Travis powertrain warranty was voided. Which sucks because all he was trying to do was help GM and Luk.

·
Supporting Vendor
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It must be on a dealership basis then, he said they do warranty work on vehicles like the COBALT SS with aftermarket clutches all the time, he has never seen someone turned down, he has been at the same dealership for 11 years.

Not trying to get under your skin, sorry if I did, if you know anything else, PM me please.
Thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
You're correct Steve. The only item(s) that can be voided would be the clutch, pressure plate, and possibly the throw out bearing. The entire power train warranty can't be voided simple because an aftermarket clutch is installed. That dealership sucks :(

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
New clutch would be great! Mine's getting a little crunchy in some gears. And most of my driving is done in 6th gear at 1500-1800 RPM.

I'm not holding my breath, considering that some dealerships can't even order the right MT fluid for my Eco!

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I have a buddy that works at a GM dealership as a tech, I just asked him about changing out the clutch, first, it will not void your pwertrain warranty, only the 12 month 12,000 mile warranty on the stock clutch.
Second, GM knows there is a problem with the clutches, they are keeping it hush hush, he has changed about 10 of them already, he said the new cruzes and sonics are coming with a completely different clutch, the one they are using under warranty repairs. So, hopefully we see a recall or TSB soon.
Later,
Steve
I've never heard of this 12 month / 12000 mile clutch warranty, can provide any proof of this that's not just hearsay?

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Nice tq numbers. Im a fan of tq. A lot of my friends that own Hondas don't understand that tq is a great thing and wonder why I used to take them off the line with my Nissan.

·
Supporting Vendor
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Skillz: Look in the covered under warranty area in your manual, it is a wearable item but is warrantied for 12months or 12k miles against slippage and defects, GM also covers your rotors but not pads up to 30k miles.
Later,
Steve

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.