Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a alpine amp with alpine speakers professionally install and the door chimes are really loud. he said it all goes threw the amp now and i have to live with it. Does anyone here know if this is true or is there something that got over looked and there is a way you can turn the door chimes down. This was a real surprise to me when i picked up the car, if i would had known i would never had it done.

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
Who or what is amy?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The door chimes are not adjustable (that I know of). You might want to turn down the amp so the chimes aren't so loud. You'd have to turn the head unit up more - and it would limit max volume. But that's the trade-off. If you installed an amp to blast your tunes, you're stuck. If you installed an amp to get better quality, then you can adjust the amp down to the stock volume (but still have a full bass and better sound).

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
That's weird that you can't adjust the volume of chimes with a seemingly better HU, I have the crappy stock (no my link) HU and I have the option to adjust chime volume LO or HI.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It could be the module that they use to retain your door chimes. It has a potentiometer on it that you can turn and control the loudness with.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
That's weird that you can't adjust the volume of chimes with a seemingly better HU, I have the crappy stock (no my link) HU and I have the option to adjust chime volume LO or HI.
I thought OP still had the stock head unit. If it's been changed out, that's completely different.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
OMA ---------------Owners manual again ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts