Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the bnr throttle body spacer for the v1 pcv fix kit. I'm wondering if installing a boost gauge to that spacer, will the gauge show boost and vacuum, or only boost? I'm looking at an auto meter gauge on amazon, Cobalt, looks like it'll match well with the stock gauges. https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Meter-6103-Cobalt-Mechanical/dp/B000CIH9KE
The gauge displays boost and vacuum.
Sorry for the noob question.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,560 Posts
Those are the gauges I used. The only difference is I had a DDM works spacer and there really is only a difference in manufacturing and not function. If you have not yet installed the PCV fix, consider what version you would use and install the TBS accordingly. EDIT: ports up or down, PCV fix in the left or right port etc.

How-To: Install gauges in a ZZP Pillar Pod A-Z Part 1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mucho! Ordered the boost gauge... on backorder till 29th. I chose the one that displays 20 psi boost instead of 30.
I'll post some pics once it's installed.

·
Super Moderator
7,560 Posts
Thanks mucho! Ordered the boost gauge... on backorder till 29th. I chose the one that displays 20 psi boost instead of 30.
I'll post some pics once it's installed.
If you ever plan on getting tuned, you'll want the 30psi. Also make sure you get the one that can handle vacuum as well as you will want it.

I went back to my tutorial and found I reversed the gauge numbers. It also seems the boost number is wrong as this is the gauge I have installed. I might have to rewrite that tutorial - groan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no tuning for me :(
Maybe one day. I am having lots of fun driving it, and working on it.
Just got the car in November and it's been a learning experience lol.
Turbo oil feed line replaced,
Oil change,
Valve cover,
Pcv v1 kit,
Throttle body, my fault,
Throttle body spacer,
Pcv hose,
Valve cover again,
Cabin filter,
Boost and coolant leak check,
Had 150k, put 2300 miles on it.
I'm getting 37.1 avg mpg Avg speed 32.7

This is my first turbo and forced induction engine.
I'm interested in the boost gauge to monitor it for efficiency and whatnots.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Got it in today. Wasn't bad, took me 3 hours.
Still have to mount it and cover the wires with somebody sheathing to help hide them.
Overall very happy with it, took it for a spin.

It's showing vac and boost

The bnr spacer has two ports on it - When I installed the pcv v1 kit I used one port for the kit, and the other I plugged with one of the 1/8 plugs that came with the spacer. I now, a month later have Installed the boost gauge.
I was able to remove the plug without removing the throttle body, and install a brass 1/8 street 90 into a nipple into the compression fitting ( all tephlon taped).
The hardest part was getting the 90 tight onto the spacer. Working blind and upside down.
Fun fun.

·
Super Moderator
7,560 Posts
Got it in today. Wasn't bad, took me 3 hours.
Still have to mount it and cover the wires with somebody sheathing to help hide them.
Overall very happy with it, took it for a spin. View attachment 285282
It's showing vac and boost
The air tube looks like it might be bent at the juncture where it goes between the dash and the pillar garnish. If it is, and you have a bit more tube hidden under the dash, I would pull it out a bit more and cut the bend out and reconnect. You will need to find something to help protect it from doing the same thing again though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The air tube looks like it might be bent at the juncture where it goes between the dash and the pillar garnish. If it is, and you have a bit more tube hidden under the dash, I would pull it out a bit more and cut the bend out and reconnect. You will need to find something to help protect it from doing the same thing again though.
Thank you Blasirl! I did notice this after I took the pic and thought the same thing. I will maybe drill with a tiny bit to open up the passageway. Or maybe drill it big and use grommet. 🤔

1 - 12 of 12 Posts