Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Installing Clarion NX404 + other goodies

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Blasirl 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,,

Ordered a refurbed NX404 off Crutchfield today with all the recommended adapters and harnesses to retain the top screen display and steering wheel controls.

-NX404 head unit
-Axxess GMOS-044 wiring interface
-Axxess ASWC-1 SWC
-Metra 99-3011S dash kit
-12040EU55 antenna adapter

I have an 11' Eco MT w/o the Pioneer system.

The last install I did was over ten years ago with a basic double DIN opening and one wiring harness...so yeah, this looks a wee bit more challenging, but I'm not technically illiterate, and I've watched a few YouTube videos on removing the factory radio. Before I rip it all apart though, any tips or other things I should know ahead of time to make the job go more smoothly? Other specific questions:

-Is the factory bluetooth mic retained?
-Is the factory USB port in the center console retained?

Anyway, replacing the head unit is phase one for my intended upgrades. Phase two I want to:

-Replace front speakers with component speakers, using factory tweeter location if possible. What fits in there, and how easy it is to wire, I have no clue
-Replace rear speakers
-Install compact 4 channel amp if the head unit amplification is not sufficient
-Install compact sub, either the Kenwood, or new Pioneer unit under one of the front seats
-Install a backup camera

Any comments or thoughts on any of these questions / topics would be appreciated ?

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello everyone,,

Ordered a refurbed NX404 off Crutchfield today with all the recommended adapters and harnesses to retain the top screen display and steering wheel controls.

-NX404 head unit
-Axxess GMOS-044 wiring interface
-Axxess ASWC-1 SWC
-Metra 99-3011S dash kit
-12040EU55 antenna adapter

I have an 11' Eco MT w/o the Pioneer system.

The last install I did was over ten years ago with a basic double DIN opening and one wiring harness...so yeah, this looks a wee bit more challenging, but I'm not technically illiterate, and I've watched a few YouTube videos on removing the factory radio. Before I rip it all apart though, any tips or other things I should know ahead of time to make the job go more smoothly? Other specific questions:

100001.onl/ 1921681254.mx/ acc.onl/hotmail
Anyway, replacing the head unit is phase one for my intended upgrades. Phase two I want to:

-Replace front speakers with component speakers, using factory tweeter location if possible. What fits in there, and how easy it is to wire, I have no clue
-Replace rear speakers
-Install compact 4 channel amp if the head unit amplification is not sufficient
-Install compact sub, either the Kenwood, or new Pioneer unit under one of the front seats
-Install a backup camera

Any comments or thoughts on any of these questions / topics would be appreciated ?
Thank you my issue has been solved,...

#3 ·
Other specific questions:

The factory bluetooth mic will not be retained by default. You can make an adapter yourself to use it. Microphone adapter instructions
As long as the radio has a usb port you can buy an adapter that allows it to work with the factory usb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.