Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to install the oem backup camera into a 2012 Cruze LT that doesn't have it installed already? I can look for rear trim piece with the camera installed but what an wiring and screen compatibility?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the link, it looks like that's too big a job for me to mess with. I was hoping it was cheaper too.
If you already have the MyLink and your Body Wireharness has the needed camera wires running to the back then it can be done for about $120 give or take some $$ depends on where you buy the truck wire harness and rear appliqué with camera. That’s what it cost me, but I reprogrammed the Radio myself to enable the camera instead of sending it to someone (which is the more expensive part of the build.) Some mentioned just buying a radio with the camera enabled of eBay for around $50, but I don’t trust eBay so I didn’t go that route.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you already have the MyLink and your Body Wireharness has the needed camera wires running to the back then it can be done for about $120 give or take some $$ depends on where you buy the truck wire harness and rear appliqué with camera. That’s what it cost me, but I reprogrammed the Radio myself to enable the camera instead of sending it to someone (which is the more expensive part of the build.) Some mentioned just buying a radio with the camera enabled of eBay for around $50, but I don’t trust eBay so I didn’t go that route.
How would you know if it's already wired for the camera? Also I don't have my link I have the green screen radio.

It just sounds more expensive than I had thought.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
How would you know if it's already wired for the camera? Also I don't have my link I have the green screen radio.

It just sounds more expensive than I had thought.
If you don't have My Link then you would first need to upgrade to My Link to use the OEM backup camera. You can't use the OEM camera without My Link. The car may have some of the wiring, but it won't have most of it. It requires adding wiring in the dash and trunk. You also need to purchase a My Link radio box, control panel, info screen and rear chrome bar with the camera. All of the info you could ever want to know about doing this can be found by looking at the link above that Slumnit provided.

There are also aftermarket cameras. I don't know much about those, but there are lots of posts on the forum that talk about them. Do a search on the site. Or, Google Cruze Radios and you will find tons of sites offering aftermarket radios. Some of them have back up cameras.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts