Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alrighty. So guys, I'm thinking about installing a switchback bulb into my headlights but I ran into some problems.
I have a 2009 European version Cruze. My cruze uses a PY21W socket for the bulb, which has only two wires. So, I'm afraid if I can even use the switchbacks since I don't have a constant current going to the bulb.
Any help, suggestions etc? Thanks in advance <3

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I don't think it's going to work. I think switchbacks only work for bulbs that have dual filaments. Do the lights in question work as both turn signal and running light?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im thinking about connecting the filament for the drl directly to the acc slot in the fuse box or directly to the battery. That way when the turn signal filament recieves current drl will switch off and turn signals will blink. I ordered some bulbs and I will try it ?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Where is the DRL on that car? For the US models, they used the headlights on low power for the DRL. (Pulse Width Modulation to get a dim headlight) There was no separate DRL circuit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have installed them successfully!
Used the similiar ones that Blasgirl posted, connected them to my turn signal, and the wire that goes out from the bulb I connected to the relay in the fusebox. Works like a charm, next thing I'll do is connecting them so that they turn off when headlights turn on. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts