Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned home from San Diego, and found parts waiting for me! Tuesday they will go in and I'll try to take pics of installation and write up a review. Big thanks to Steve at ISM for hooking me up!!! I also got in the RVinyl pre-cut tint that will go in sometime soon, when it cools down.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
I think you will be very happy with the braces, maybe not so much with the mount. Interested to hear how you feel about the engine mount

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you will be very happy with the braces, maybe not so much with the mount. Interested to hear how you feel about the engine mount
I need to find a buddy with a torque wrench first, lol...

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed both bars today, earlier than planned- HUGE DIFFERENCE! I'll have pics up by tomorrow of full installation. I was squeezed under my ECO with jack stands, lol.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was my installation of both bars:
These were sent in direct from UR USA thanks to Steve at ISM.

First, the Front Upper.

You're going to remove the plastic cover, 24mm nut and strut tower top cap on each side.

Once you have both top caps off, place your UR Strut Tower Brace. It only goes one way, so you can't screw this up.

Replace top cap and 24mm nut on both sides.

Tighten that sucker down! It will stop when it's tight, there's no torque rating for this.

When both sides looks like this:

Then you put the plastic caps back on.

Then step back and enjoy the view!

And that's the front upper brace. Now for the lower rear...

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lower Rear UR Brace!!!!

If you're looking forward from under the rear end, the panel you're going to need to remove first is forward of the axle, near the gas tank.

Take out the plastic nuts holding it up.

There should be six.

Set that MF aside!

You're going to remove the aft bolt from the torsion beam mount on both sides. The infamous 18mm bolt. This is on the pax side.

Loosely thread the bolt back in on each side with the bar attached. This will hold it up for you while you tighten the bolts.

INSTALLED! Just button up the remaining panel and you're finished!

This really can be done anywhere with a set of jack stands.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Overall, could not be happier with the setup. Almost NONE of the wiggle from the rear is there anymore, and the car has considerably less roll in corners. Such a nice feeling, and I would recommend these to anyone! Get a hold of [email protected] for your set, you wont be disappointed! There are a few other braces that I haven't ordered yet, but they're definitely on the list.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, Shawn, do you think you could possibly move this to the how-to section? Or is there a way for me to do that?

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Nice job and the photos are great. Now I know what I should expect when I install my rear lower 2pt. Do you know what those 18mm bolts are torqued to?

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts