Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I got an e-mail back about the Instant MPG. Here is what it said

"Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to the possibility of getting the instant MPG feature for other Cruze models.

Based on the nature of your inquiry, we would like to get more information from you. It would be best to contact you by phone to allow us a better opportunity to assist you and ensure that you are completely satisfied."

Now I don't know about you guys, but I'm confused about how they need more information from me. I thought what I said was clear, especially since it's something that can be taken care of by a simple software update.

Should I call back or just leave it at that? I don't like these help lines because I usually spend 30 minutes on the phone to answer 3 questions.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I talked to them, and she didn't even understand what I was asking about. But in the end she said something about not being able to update things that are not on the vehicle?? She called me at a terrible time and I could only half pay attention, but from what I gathered (remembered) she says it's not possible to produce some kind of software update to have that function since it wasn't part of the original equipment on anything but the ECO model.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Here's what my owners manual says:

"Not all items are available on every vehicle. The following is a list of all of the possible menu items:
. Trip 1 or Trip 2
. Fuel Range
. Average Fuel Economy or
Average Fuel Economy and
Instantaneous Fuel Economy

They have already said in it that not all options may be available so their covered on that aspect

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.