Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know the ECO model is "specially formulated" for MPG but the "instant" display would be handy for everyone.

How do we go about petitioning GM to add the functionality back into non-ECO model Cruzes? :) Since ECO has it and the same engine I'd have to think this is a software issue, not hardware... ??

-jk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Geoff is a GM Rep on the Trailblazer boards, and he's gotten us results in the past. he's a swell fella and he says start there. it's not home plate by any means (never is), but it's at least the bat to get the show started.
So I followed the link to the main page and chose "Make a product suggestion". That link sent me to GM's Intellectual Property site because it thought I was submitting a patentable "new device"... ugh.. nope.

SO I just submitted a standard "product question" eMail... did the best write-up I could to explain the situation. Perhaps if more people do that we can build some kind of momentum within GM...

Thanks guys!

-jk

·
Registered
16 Posts
...that's what I initially got, too, but a useless follow-on email came a little later.
Same here.... the eMail I received this morning asked me to re-submit my idea via their "new devices" website... a patentable device website.

C'mon GM... we're just trying to make a request for a simple functional improvement to an existing vehicle... not a patentable device...

This SO reminds me of the old-style "Suggestions" box at work... the one you KNOW the boss emptied once a quarter directly into the trash can.

-jk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bumping the thread... but also asking if anyone has heard anything about this subject lately?

I also noticed that the 2012 Cruze will come with a different gear ratio, thus lowering RPM's at higher speeds... like us crazies out west where we can hit 80+ on our drive into work each morning. The 2011 came with 3.87 (if memory serves) which is nice for an "off the line" kick in the pants but SUCKS for higher speed gas mileage...

I'm still hoping for an Instant MPG in my 2011... I used that extensively in my 2002 Isuzu Axiom to learn pedal control... I was able to get 22+MPG average for the Axiom when most folks were 18-19...

-john k.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.