Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
yes..only the 'eco' model comes with instant fuel economy..which i find is odd...did GM do it on purpose? because i for one would like to know what my instant reading were..rather than constantly resetting the 'average' readout and not keeping the tank average in memory

·
Registered
103 Posts
something smells fishy with this

i've said it before....the lack of the instant fuel economy display except on the eco..sounds like it was purposely left out....there's definitely no cost to have had on the original production run...i wish someone from gm would honestly answer to this...

big question now..can it be added through a software upgrade?

·
Registered
103 Posts
instaneous fuel economy on all 2012 models

well..you know when buying 'first year' models...there's always going to be buyer remorse for not waiting...even for the simplest of things you would of thought GM should have included..

but GM has told me...

2012 all cruzes will have an updated memory cluster with more memory...so i guess only the ECO included the increased memory this year..

and no you can't upgrade the software...so scan guage and other aftermarket addon's are the way to go...even so ..scan guage can give you a reading on 4 things at once..whereas this DIC can only show one...which is a pain when wanting to see 2 things at once...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I test drove a 2011 USA Cruze LTZ Auto before purchasing my car... and it DID have instantanious fuel mileage. I was a little upset to find that my LTZ RS that I ordered did not have the instant mileage.

I know it may be a little hard to believe, but I think it had an older flash. I remember the tranny shifts/response not being quite as nice as what my car has. And it seemed to almost shutoff when first pushing down the gas pedal. It was awful low on gas though.
i'm sure you didn't see instanteous either...on a test drive..alot of the features are a blur..because you are so overwhelmed with the moment.....it took me awhile to appreciate that i didn't have the instanteous feature on mine either....but it's a fact ...sorry....GM told me there's no such thing as a software flash upgrade for the DIC...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.